What else should we expect?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Purple Jungle, Sep 1, 2002.

1. I'm sick and damn tired of these reports of rowdy LSU fans everywhere the team goes.

As an LSU student, I'm embarrassed by the behavior of some LSU fans.

I'm going to vomit the next time I hear someone say that LSU has "the best fans in country". Whether we admit it or not, we all know that's a crock.

LSU fans get into a drunken haze and badger opposing fans.

LSU fans destroy the property of opposing fans and schools.

LSU fans called for Saban's head after the loss to Ole Miss last year.

LSU fans called in to radio shows and claimed that LSU shouldn't have a black quarterback (Davey) after the Ole Miss game.

LSU fans threw bottles and cups onto the field at the Sugar Bowl.

And I don't want to hear the argument that every school has some bad apples as fans. Our number of improper incidents FAR exceeds that of any school. We're almost as bad as those soccer riot freaks in Europe.

As bad as our team looked today, our fans are worse.

2. As an LSU student - I agree 100%.

I would say more, but you pretty much covered all the bases.

3. grote1947

grote1947 Founding Member

LSU representative

Anytime I put on anything relating to LSU I'm representing the school. I didn't even graduate from LSU but I love it and respect it. It's graduates are highly respected in every field and every where I've been they are exceptional. Most of the rowdy fans may be like me; not even grads, but they forget they represent the university when they allow the game and other influences to color their integrity. That team may shoot themselves in the foot. find a way to give away a game, and play like Tulane, but I still love and admire those guys wearing the uniform. Don't we all wish it was us out there anyway. We're not taking the hits or accepting the jeers so we shouldn't be critical of the boys. Lets just speak our piece and love em anyway.

GEAUX TIGERS

4. Texastigers

Texastigers Guest

You know what, for the first time in my life, I have no argument for our fans. Usually I defend us, but this is undefendable. (If that is even a word)

I to am tired of it.

Geaux Tigers.

However Purple Jungle, you are and LSU fan right. (although I am skeptical) do something about it.

I know I do.