What happend? My thread was deleted (50 replies) FSA?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by crawfish, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Which Elvis song is that? purple band-Aid?

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Can a moderator please sweep this thread under the rug too? :lol:

3. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

i second that motion.

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I GUARANTEE you that if/when he has time to read this thread, he WILL zap it. He doesn't have time to moniter the board so he asked us to do it on his behalf.

Anyway, "Free Speech Alley" is the title of this board. Nowhere was anyone promised free speech. :wink:

5. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

This is perfectly stated.

6. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

The only reason I haven't is because ofr Ellis' earlier post.
    We can't continually allow thread like these because half of this forum would turn into "why was my post deleted?" threads.

I rarely come in here. The moderators have complete control. The moderators work in here is enough without having me ask them about every singel post or thread they delete. If a thread degrades then it is too much work to delete each post one by one and they will just zap the whole thing. The venom in this forum can get out of control. This forum is to discuss issues not flame, troll, call names, or have a giant pissing contest.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1]TigerForums.com User Agreement[/size][/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]TigerForums.com is NOT AFFILIATED with LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY.[/size][/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]By viewing and/or posting messages on TigerForums.com you acknowledge you understand and agree to the terms stated below.[/size][/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]TigerForums.com reserves the right to modify this user agreement at any time without prior notice. TigerForums.com reserves the right to decide who views, registers, participates and posts on the forum. TigerForums.com also reserves the right to terminate the "membership" and participation privileges of anyone at any time for any reason.[/size][/font]

• [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Everything you read and post is OPINION. NOTHING should be construed as FACT.[/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]The views expressed on this forum by members or moderators, in no way reflect the opinions of TigerForums.com nor its owner(s). TigerForums.com provides this forum "as is" and does not make any claim or warrant as to the accuracy or validity of user’s posts, information or credentials.[/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Do not post copyrighted material unless you have the express permission of the owner to do so. If you are the owner of copyrighted material posted on TigerForums.com and you would like it removed, please contact us at [email protected] and we will remove it immediately.[/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Do not knowingly post false, defamatory or libelous statements or information. If you do not know what these terms mean, consult legal counsel. Do not register or post unless you understand these terms.[/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]You are responsible and liable for everything you post (write) on TigerForums.com.[/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]TigerForums.com also reserves the right to reveal your identity or whatever information we know about you in the event of a complaint or legal action.[/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Do not SPAM. (post a lot of useless garbage.)[/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]NO Trolling- Do not post inflamatory thread for the sake of merely illiciting a response.[/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]NO Forum Stalking- Do not follow other members around from thread to thread to harass them. [/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]NO shock posts.[/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]NO "calling members out".[/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]No advertising or posting links to competing websites. They don't allow it so we can't either.[/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]No pyramid schemes, chain letters, or solicitations of any kind.[/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]No posting of personal information such as phone numbers, address', etc.[/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]No disparaging personal comments about players or recruits.[/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Do not register a username that is obscene, vulgar, a personal name that isn't your own, or random characters (dk47gd8h).[/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Do not create a post asking that a member be banned or that a post be deleted. Please contact us at [email protected] or use the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of each message.[/size][/font]​
    • [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]If you have a problem with the way this forum is operated, it's policies, moderators, deletions or any other issues do not post your dissatisfaction publicly, send an email to [email protected].[/size][/font]​
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Just because something may not be listed here doesn't mean it is allowed. Use common sense and let's make TigerForums.com a fun, friendly and dignified forum where all LSU fans can share opinions, news and stories.[/size][/font]

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

We're going to have to go back and delete 72% of all threads on this board if we follow these rules.

I'm toast

Brett has one hell of a server.....

http://www.tigerforums.com/showthread.php?t=1

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I can already see a trend vis-a-vis the amount contributed to sh*t stirred ratio.

9. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

This is the deal. There is no "we" about it. Deletion and everything else is at the sole discretion of the moderators and Brett. Period.

This is NOT a democracy.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.