What happened to our #1 defense?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by huangw, Oct 13, 2007.

1. huangw

huangw Founding Member

We don't have passing game. Kentucky played well. They deserve the win and We deserve to lose. But what happened to our #1 defense? Our defense has not played with swagger last three games. Any idea?

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

There once was this guy named Charles Alexander. Blew out his knee... hasn't been the same since. That's the way I see it.

3. Geaux4Tigers

Geaux4Tigers Founding Member

Yea i love the three play 70 yard drive that ended with a walk in touch down just before the half. That is not the LSU D i know. When I saw that I said we are in for it tonight.

4. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Two words describe our defense today...NO PRESSURE! I love the Tigers, but we are in for more losses if we don't pressure. Kentucky got it, we didn't.

5. stk

stk Founding Member

Agree with this point, it was pretty baffling. Your up against a heisman hopeful QB i would think the game plan would be to keep him under pressure all day long, instead there was virtually no pressure whatsoever. Same issue with Florida up until the 4th quarter. I always follow the assumption that Bo Pelini knows a hell of a lot more about defense than i do, but sometimes you just gotta scratch your head and wonder what the coaches were thinking.

6. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

I guess the D was leading the country in this catergory and that catergory because the first five games they played some lousy offenses. Look at the last two weeks, Florida moved the ball pretty good but we still won. Kentucky for the most part moved the ball at will.
    We are supposed to have a great front four but unless it's a blitz I don't see a whole lot of pressure on the qb.

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I agree with you completely. I'd like to add this point: it was quite a long shot for us to finish undefeated in SEC play once we learned that Alexander, Doucet and Flynn were injured. Those folks who still thought that we could accomplish this feat were engaging in wishful thinking.

We simply do not have the depth that we thought we possessed. These three critical injuries ruined our chances to finish undefeated in SEC play.

Our passing attack is awful, and we will lose another game before December if we cannot develop a good passing attack quickly. Note that I did not say "great passing attack", merely good will suffice.

:crystal: :lsup:

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Dude, 2 of our last 3 games have been against top 17 ranked teams with each having nationally ranked offenses and in the other game, our defense pitched a shut-out in the 2nd half.

You can't be dominant ALL the time. There ARE some very good offenses out there.

1 person likes this.
  9. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

We have got to put more pressure on the QBs! They have all day to set back there and pick us a part. ZERO sacks against a pocket passer???? :dis:

10. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

Their offensive line was brilliant tonight, it's as simple as that. It's the reason we lost the game. They knew the way to keep our secondary from succeeding was to keep the defensive line off its heels. Hence what happened tonight.

1 person likes this.