What happened to the "mobility" Jennings was supposed to have.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sunnyjim, Jan 1, 2014.

1. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

I credit the freshman with showing poise and only turning it over once. But I expected more option and designed quarterback runs, especially since his passing was off the mark. But I guess the coaches didn't want to get too far from the offense they have run all year. I really expected him to scramble more when the pocket broke down instead of taking so many sacks.

I suspect there will be a wide-open quarterback derby in the spring, though.

2. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

A team can't just let their backup QB risk injury by playing in space. Then there is the factor of a sloppy field negating speed as an advantage. My guess is he may have been following orders.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I didn't expect a lot of designed QB runs, but I did expect him to scramble more when he had an opening. Several times he took a loss when I thought he had enough room to get positive yards, first downs in a couple cases.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

-31 rush yards, the sacks today were on him. Held on to the ball too long and waited around too long.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yep. He froze a few time when he should have taken off. Definitely needs a lot of work on his decisiveness. I think his lack of experience just caused some insecurity, but that can be worked on. I trust Cam to correct it.

gyver, Cajun Sensation and LaSalleAve like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Having a guy like Brandon Harris wanting to come in and play immediately may light a fire as well.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

He's a true freshman in his first start that led his team to victory in a middle tier bowl game. Can we at least wait until he has some experience before we start criticizing him?

8. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

It is not criticism for me to express surprise at Jennings style after all we had heard about his legs.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Everyone was too high on him after arky and are too low on him after this game. He'll be fine.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Ok fair enough, but it's his first game. I'm sure once he gets some playing time under his belt, we'll see that and more from him. There's a reason he's No.2 on the depth chart as a true freshman.

ParadiseiNC likes this.