What happened to the "mobility" Jennings was supposed to have.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sunnyjim, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well said Thanks

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

i wasnt impressed with the playcalling and the routes, but he definitely is indecisive. I can take the interceptions if you are slinging it down field.

3. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

You must have loved Jamie Howard.;)

4. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Thank you. There was much more pressure in the bowl game than the Arky game for him. Arky, he didn't have time to do anything but react. The bowl game, he's had over a month knowing he was going to start. And from everything we've seen and read about this guy, he is immensely talented, but the moment got to him. But it didn't swallow him. Something should be said for the fact that he stayed calm enough to not entirely blow the game.

Now I do think he's in for a battle in the spring, but that's only because of how highly I think of Harris rather than any perceived shortcomings of Jennings. If he wins the job coming in the spring, I think the real AJ will stand up from Game 1 in Reliant. There is a HUGE difference in confidence between outright winning a job and winning a job by default.

5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

And I am of the opinion that Brandon Harris wanting to come in a play immediately shouldn't have to be there in order for the fire to be lit. The flame should be there the day he steps foot on campus.

What is the issue at LSU, that Miles and Co. are unable to land a college ready QB as a freshman?

6. Kal-El012

No but when they see the one game with the "future" QB, and consider the track record of follies with the management of QB and WR positions during Les' tenure, they may decide to reconsider.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Bingo. Les got the shit end of the stick with JJ & JLee due primarily to the dismissal RP and losing Zach Lee to baseball, yet we still put together the most dominant regular season in CFB history with those two at the helm. Russell, Flynn (NC), Mettenberger...excuse me if I'm in the crowd that approves of Les' "track record" with QBs.

didit, plotalot and TigerTap like this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah that's the biggest thing that stood out to me. It's hard to imitate game-speed in practices. His pocket-clock was a little long but it's understandable. He is a freshmen. I wonder how many freshmen QB's have ever started a game at LSU.

9. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

I think the overwhelming dread is the pervasive thought "oh no here we go again another jefferson". I dont think he will be the second coming of jefferson but the dread is there.

10. Kal-El012

My reply to you is best suited for a PM. But looks as though you don't allow them.