What happened to Trev Faulk?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ken Ross, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Ken Ross

Ken Ross Founding Member

Anyone know what ever happened to Trev Faulk? Why did he decide to go pro and not even be drafted?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Trev did not get drafted. He was picked up as a free agent but cut in summer drills. Later, former LSU DC Gary Gibbs picked him up at Dallas to play on the scout team. Late in the season Arizona signed him to cover some LB losses. His future in the NFL is unclear.

No one knows why he left early. His coaches and NFL scouts discouraged him. I blame the media, who speculated all year that he might go pro based on his fine college performances, but they ignored the fact that the NFL wasn't as keen on him. He may have felt like it was expected of a star player.

Trev is too small for an NFL linebacker and far too slow for an NFL safety, maybe even too slow for an NFL linebacker. If he sticks in the NFL, it will probably be on special teams.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Trev Faulk was signed by Denver, then Cut by Denver (Never drafted), then the Dallas Cowboys put him on his practice squad, then they cut him, now I believe he is on the Browns Roster.

That was the last I heard and I believe I missed a team somewhere I believe the Ravens..

Shame, I am afraid the same fate is in store for Teaux. He is not ready either.

4. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I believe that Toe will at least be drafted.....

which is more than Trev can say. In the NFL if you are a QB, RB, DL, or DB any NFL team can find a spot for you. That is why I feel like Toefield, Hoofkin, LeJune, and maybe even Damien James has a good chance of being drafted. And everyone knows Bradie will be a late first round or early second round pick.