What Happened?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kcal, Oct 3, 2017.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Coming off of the bowl game, all signs pointed to a good season.

Fast forward to now...... what happened? It is a serious question as I just don't understand.

I get the depth issues and understand we lost a lot to the nfl but this is different than that.

2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

This reeks of locker room issues

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Agree...they are keeping all the real problems/issues private. But a lot is going on. It's a lot more than "execution".

4. stevescookin

I'm just grateful that O doesn't know how to use Twitter to throw people under the bus...lol

5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I don't think there is one clear issue.

I think on Aranda's side of the ball, losing Beckwith, Adams, White, Riley, Godchaux, Neal, Thomas, etc. is just something he has never experienced as our DC and didn't reload like we thought they would. Injuries up front just added insult to injury (pun intended)

On Offense, for whatever reason Canada and O couldn't get an offensive scheme installed. I don't know if O had his hand in there trying to dictate and that held things back or if Canada just isn't living up to the hype. I know our O-line isn't great and WR's are young but we still have below average QB play.

HC - Not sure there is much more to say on him.

Also, when your best player on each side of the ball (Key and Guice) basically disappear, it stinks the joint up a bit.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Kept Aranda. Hired an upcoming OC - though I didn't like the hire it would surely be better than what we had I thought. Had the Heisman favorite leading the way with a top 10 pick wreaking havoc on the QB.

Lost 5 olinemen in the off-season? Key spent the off-season at the area 51 Krispy Kreme. Guice decided to go the fournette route. Herron did too much heroin. Lawrence got hurt I suppose. And coach O couldn't hold it all together showing no sign of dealing with said adversity. In fact he seems to be crumbling under the pressure and the suffering recruiting as a result will only snowball which will cement this hire as possibly a bigger mistake than Curley Hudson Hallman.

7. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I am not ready to give up on Canada after hearing the O was messing around with the offense this past weekend.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. stevescookin

I heard Aleva and the TAF had a meeting in Florida and they are going all out to hire Troy's head coach. Just sayin'

Winston1, lsudolemite and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

O should have been messing with the offense, Canada is putting a crap product on the field. Rather than adjust to strengths/weaknesses of his players, he's doing the square peg/round hole deal.

Rouxleaux and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Too soon.

stevescookin likes this.