What happens if expansion happens this offseason??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GEAUXTIGERS!, Feb 12, 2011.

?

Who would you like?

Poll closed Feb 17, 2011.
  1. Missouri

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Texas A&M

22 vote(s)
    62.9%
  3. USF

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. UNC/Duke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. UNC/NC State

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  6. West Virginia

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  7. Other(name school)

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GEAUXTIGERS!

GEAUXTIGERS! LADYTIGERS

What happens if expansion happens again this summer?? Who is on your wishlist and why? Mine would have to be - 1.Missouri(AAU member, up and coming sports, great TV markets, borders 3 SEC states.) 2.Texas A&M(good sports, natural rivalries with LSU and Arkansas) 3.USF(ideal location, decent sports) 4.UNC/Duke or UNC/NC State(opens up North Carolina, borders 3 SEC states, great basketball, fans, and following) 5.WVU(opens into West Virginia, could start rivalry with Kentucky, decent sports, and great fanbase)

2. Dmarzio

Dmarzio Founding Member

I for one would not like to see WVU again ever, so let's keep them out of the SEC please. I would vote to keep the SEC the way it is right now. I don't see a reason to add anyone to the conference, we already have enough strong teams and also a good number of decent teams.

If I had to pick from that list I would go with aTm, just because it would give LSU a true rival in the SEC.

3. GEAUXTIGERS!

GEAUXTIGERS! LADYTIGERS

Missouri IMO is more of a logical choice than WVU. Actually USF is more logical but Florida would probably block them.

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Florida state is on the rise and would add to the strength of the sec. Fsu and Florida gaytors game would take on added importance and make the rivalry even better. West Virginia fans are fun. They come on this board talking trash and are extremly fun to beat

5. GEAUXTIGERS!

GEAUXTIGERS! LADYTIGERS

Yeah but Florida may not even let Florida State in. That's how USF could become viable, they are weaker than FSU, and IMO USF/Florida is not as intense as Florida/FSU.

6. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Not thrilled about any of those options, to be honest. I'd rather not expand at all.

7. LADYTIGERS

LADYTIGERS Freshman

USF would be great, because of its location. I bet alot of SEC fans would love to take a road trip to Tampa on a regular basis. Mizzou would also be great because they could start a home and home series with LSU or Arkansas by hosting football games in ArrowHead Stadium, and baseball games in the Cardinals' stadium. And LSU could have their home game in the SuperDome, so Missouri opens up alot of venues to play games.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If it ain't broke . . .

The SEC is fine as it is. We damn sure don't need any more perennial top-10 contenders, six is enough and 3 times the contenders of any other conference.

If we add two more teams, it needs to be a pair of teams to compete with Kentucky, Vandy, Ole Miss and State in the lower tier. NC State and Memphis work for me . . . basketball assets who won't get in anyones way in football.

9. LADYTIGERS

LADYTIGERS Freshman

Well thats why USF is a choice. They are'nt cupcakes and they certainly are not dominant same as Mizzou. But I would want A&M and Mizzou to the west. And USF/UNC or UNC/NC State in the east. But USF/NC State is more realistic in the east. And Mizzou/A&M is more realistic for the west.

10. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

I don't see the reason to expand at this point. The SEC carries itself well and the results speak for themselves. However, in the spirit of this thread, I might consider Clemson as a possibility. They could be called Northern Auburn University!