What happens if LSU wins out??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Guido Merkins, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

So, I think Les has to go. Certainly at this point, with all the leaks coming out, we have almost no choice. Also, I'm sure he's never going to change.

But, bear with me playing devils advocate, what if LSU beat Texas A&M?? Technically, that's a better season than last. And if we win the bowl game, even with an interim coach, that's a 9 win season that should be 10 if we had played McNeese. Firing a coach after a 10 win season??

2. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

He's still getting fired.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It will go one of 2 ways, he can get on board and resign, or he can be fired. At least that's how I see it shaking out.

shane0911 and TwistedTiger like this.
  4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

And he'd be nuts to resign. Let him be fired and take some rich dudes' 15 million.

roynav, Richdog and TeamofSavages like this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he could have retired and went out gracefully with his money. But he refused. Gonna have to put him down like an old mare. she aint what she used to be.

6. LaSalleAve

They would still probably honor most of the buyout if he resigned.

7. LaSalleAve

What Les has done at LSU has been great when you look at the big picture. But when you look at the last 4 years in SEC play. Just being mediocre isn't going to cut it. I don't see how he can think that's good enough, it's not about the whole of what he has accomplished it's about the now and what's happened recently. He should continue to be a stand up dude and resign and take his severance package. I'm sure some big 10 team would take him in a heartbeat.

8. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

If the argument for keeping someone is based upon "if we had played McNeese we would have a 10 win season" then he needs to go.

shane0911, TwistedTiger and Richdog like this.
  9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Are you serious? It's a moot point anyway. Les isn't resigning. He's going to stick it to Alleva, TAF, & the BOS where the sun don't shine to the tune of $15 million.

10. LaSalleAve

If they wait until the New Years they can stick it right back though. And yes, I am serious, they wouldn't just ask him to leave with nothing. And if he does decide to stick it to anyone he is sticking it to LSU, and does he want to be remembered as that guy?