what happined

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by phildman, Mar 25, 2004.

1. phildman

phildman Founding Member

what happened to this this web site before this new server was put up no one cursed all the time and now all everyones puttin up half way necked women as avatars and otherthing :lsug:

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i have no idea. brett keeps changing mine and they offend me. I think we should get to the bottom of this.

3. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Don't worry phildman things will be cleaned up. I've posted several edict requesting that people clean it up but after a week it seems to slide back down again.

Soon we will be fully implementing the "Penalty Box" warning and banning system. It will be somewhat automated and will allow us to ban people temporarily or permanently.

I value all of the people here but there are certain standards and rules we must have to make this a fun yet mature and responsible online community.

4. edyel

edyel edyel

Thank you Brett, mature and responsible posting is a concept a few members need to embrace. A LOT of people read and enjoy the Forum. A few have attempted to make it their personal on-line message board and it is getting annoying. This is a forum for ALL tiger fans of ALL ages regardless of how many POSTS they make in a day or week. Many people read it daily but do not post replies,some probably stopped reading due to the few who flamed their posts simply because it was not their way of thinking. This board attracted me and others because of the very friendly and helpful replies from members who made people feel welcome. It is gravitating away from that and that is a shame. People who come to this board should not have to be wary of what kind of vulgar,obscene or hateful messages or pics they may encounter. This board can remain insightful,intellegent and a way to discuss LSU sports in a civilized and mature way or it can go the way others have gone. I sure hope it does not. BTW, I'm all for heated debate on a subject but let's do away with the name calling and flaming just because someone doesn't agree with you on something. There are more people out there like me than you may think. Thanks.

5. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I bet it changes once we get in football again. People are board and the avatars are interesting

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

edyel, good post.

7. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Hey,

I dig the avatars. especially tirk's.

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

What happened today. How the hell did those Gators get off so many R & X rated posts when I put up a PG13 and its zapped within minutes. What blows my mind is their posts stayed put for hours then they were still able to keep em coming. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
    I wonder if Ramah is in the penalty box?

9. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

i totally missed what happened today. somebody fill me in

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Oh well!!!!!!!!!!!! With an Ole Miss helmet for an avatar, I'm history. Seriously, I have been treated for the most part GRRRRRRReeeatly by the Tiger nation. I have more fun here than anywhere else. But maybe we get the tiger den and tiger smack confused. If you go to tiger smack, you get what you ask for. Maybe Tiger PG13 and Tiger "R" should be different. However........I realize that I am a guest and I do have a delete button. :)