What I saw yesterday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Sep 26, 2021.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Just wait

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

3. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Flott has been our best DB this season so far, imo. He's covering the slot which is the toughest match up in today's game imo. He was bad last year, but he's been fantastic this year with Ricks right here behind him.

We need more Bech and Boutte on third downs.

Thought the defense was pretty darn good, but the offense really exposed them to fatigue at the end there not having any ability to sustain. That terrible pass by Max to Bech still bothers me. He's limited us enough with the arm strength you can't miss those easy passes to convert going forward with our offensive line limitations.

We should blitz the hell out of TJ and get after him. Do not let him get to his spot to setup and throw. Stopping the run is everything this week.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Yes, our DB’s will have to play on islands Saturday. We have to load the box, stuff the run and get after TJ or Nix. TJ gets rattled easy (at least he did last year). He was very fortunate on that final Auburn drive against GaSt. I wasn’t all that impressed. Bailed out by the refs, and heaved up a prayer on 4th down.

Bigsby is going to be a problem and he is going to get his. But if we can score regularly on offense (go back to the tempo we saw against CMU) and take away Auburns game plan to run clock, that will be huge. Much like Penn State and GaSt. did. Force Auburn to have to throw it to keep up. I don’t think they have the horses on the outside.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    Brian likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I am pleased with the progress of the coordinators since they looked clueless to start the season. Looking for a win Saturday; the game against MOOU was about beating Leach’s system with a young team. I think we look more impressive this weekend.

6. LSU_4_LIFE

I like your optimism lately. I hope we look more improved as well. I agree that on defense we look much better. But we’re coaching scared on offense and I truly believe that Coach O is meddling. Like Meaux said yesterday, he is forcing Max to stay in the pocket and taking away his legs.

If you go back to the spring game, to reports out of fall camp, this team was running zone reads and QB runs. I understand that Brennan is hurt and we have no experienced backup, but coaching scared will get this team beat. What difference does it make to keep Max healthy if we’re headed for 6-6 or 7-5? Let em hang!

When Arkansas’s QB went down last week, they didn’t coach scared with their backup. They ran the same offense. They coached to win.

Zone reads will help setup zone runs which will help setup RPO’s. But when the defensive end is crashing down every single play and the LB’s are coming inside every play because they don’t respect the QB run, it’s way too easy to defend.

lsu-i-like and Hou-duco like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Sure about that? I remember the announcers talking about if the backup was going to be allowed to throw, at all! I know he threw one for sure because he was about to be tackled. Maybe not scared but definitely a different plan.

I do however agree with you on Max. Open it up!

lsu-i-like and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  8. LSU_4_LIFE

I just meant they were not afraid to run him, roll him out, etc. They were not afraid for him to get hit.

Arkansas doesn’t throw a lot to begin with. It just didn’t look like they played conservative being down a QB. They were playing to win.

lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well we can't afford to get Max hurt Nuss is not yet ready to lead this team, not just yet.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think MJ needs to run, and I like bringing in Nuss to run/pass on occasion and/or use an athlete to do wildcat. But I think wildcat is more effective when the dude can throw. I like the way Sean Peyton does it. He uses 2 qbs, but it’s so normalized there’s no hurt feelings about it. If you have an athletic backup qb, I don’t see why you wouldn’t do the tassim hill thing. Don’t coach scared.

honestly though, wrs making catches is a big deal and we are still inconsistent there too.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.