What If Miles had gone to UM

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Dec 5, 2009.

1. roynav

roynav free your mind

Actually there was a fair bit of bitching about Bo's defense in these forums.

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

well if he does as well at coaching as he does at nation running then O god no please Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

3. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

It would be scary to think what our offense would have been too. Could it have been less productive then it actually was.:eek: :huh:

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

seems like skip prefers coaches with head coaching experience. maybe petrino or rodriquez

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I would have wished him well....... very well. :lol:

bo might wind up as coach yet, stranger things have happened. Who knows when or if, or who for that matter but should a time come when Les "retires" :D

Bo could be someone the AD considers...

6. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Quite a bit actually. The first 4 games of Bo Pelini at LSU, people on various forums were screaming: "Tepperlini! Tepperlini! He's worse than Lou Tepper! DBs lined up 15 yards off the Ball!! He must be Fired now!!" It took a win over Florida before the attitude was, "Well, maybe he doesn't suck that bad, but I still don't like his schemes." The defense that year finished #3 in the Nation.

Had Miles gone to Michigan & if Bo Pelini's had been mentioned, these same people would have screamed: "Mike Archer - Part 2, Fire Skip!! He's setting us up to fail!!"

7. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

There were several sustained groans when BO was here. While he did a great job, it should be remembered that several of the problems we're having now, we had when he was here (missed tackles, four-man rush is the status quo, etc) However, it did not look sloppy with him, as it did last year, or, to a lesser extent, this year.

But, if Miles had left and BO stayed to be the coach here, I do think our defense would have improved. On the offense, though, I think there would have been some setbacks. In short, we'd be about the same, except for slightly better results last year, and everyone would be moaning and groaning about why we have an inexperienced, defense oriented coach that runs a predictable, mediocre offense, and he must be fired immediatly:miles:

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I was thinking the same thing. That Nebraska offense on Saturday night made us look explosive.

9. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Which inches would that be?

Georgia
    MSU
    Bama
    Ole Miss

1 person likes this.
  10. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member