What if Nick was our coach and CLM was the Bama coach right now with everything else the same!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 21, 2009.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

did i miss it or has iowa not won a NC since he left.

and for the record, LSU would have been much better off these last two seasons with Saban because he wouldnt have kicked off perilloux. but there would be the chance that perilloux would have had columbian cartel hit men ambushing football practice.

2. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

LOL, I get it... win a NC and, what, you get a green jacket at the Masters? So, Miles is now set for life, that's cool. I seem to remember Lloyd Carr winning a NC early on... hello there, Mr. President of the Little Caesar's Bowl.

just sayin'....

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Under Lloyd Carr, Michigan was 122-40 (75.3%). That was #7 in the NCAA during Carr's 13 seasons at Michigan, behind only FSU (75.6%), Texas (76.1%), Tennessee (76.2%), Virginia Tech (76.8%), Florida (77.0%), and Ohio State (79.8%).

Compare to Iowa's 10 seasons under Kirk Ferentz coming into 2009: 70-53 (56.9%), #41 in the NCAA during that time.

Ferentz won 2 Big Ten titles for Iowa, Carr won 5 for Michigan.

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Which only supports my point, which is Lloyd Carr got moved out!!

What we have here is my highly logical, well thought out point... and then there's .... well.... yours.

Btw, how did KF vs LC get into this thread?
    :huh::huh::huh:

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Your point was that Lloyd Carr's winning a NC early didn't mean a whole lot (Carr won the NC in his 3rd season as Michigan head coach). On the contrary, Carr ended up being one of the best coaches in the NCAA during his 13 seasons at Michigan. And, yes, Lloyd Carr got "moved out" after he was coach at Michigan for 13 seasons, at age 62. Only two coaches in Michigan history coached Michigan longer than Carr did: Fielding Yost (1901-23,25-26) and Bo Schembechler (1969-89) -- both of whom are College Football Hall of Fame Coaches.

The comparison between LC and KF put into perspective that Iowa fans wish they had a coach that had the success that Carr had at Michigan.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

lsu has won a NC since saban left so you wont see lsu fans lamenting the loss of saban in 25 yrs like hawkeyes have with lute.

7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Don't kid yourself.... you will if Saban wins another one and Miles doesn't.

The odds of me being here in 25 years to find out are slim indeed, but text me with your findings. Technology should have advanced enough by then.

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I think we will always have LSU fans lamenting the loss of Saban. Guys like alfredeneuman, who in his post above, thinks that Saban made LSU, that Saban "paved the the way for LSU to be considered among the best in college football," people that weren't paying close attention to LSU football before Saban got here, and so are more in love with Saban than they are in love with LSU. I've seen many Tiger fans like this, and they are dead serious and nothing can change their mind.

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Even when Miles wins another one and Saban doesn't, you'll will still have some Tiger fans lamenting the loss of Saban. We just have people in Tiger Nation that are head-over-heels in love with the guy and can't let go.

10. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

all I can say as someone who hates Bama and Satan is that I can't believe I started this thread!!!!

:geauxtige