what if saban were to lose 2 games next year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 16, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

if nick saban were to lose 2 games next year (say to florida and georgia) and lsu couldn't repeat as national champions.....but still went to a good bowl game.....what would your opinion be?

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

What kind of question is this??? What would my opinion be?? Saban is still a helluva coach. 11-2 next year. Thats a good year, although I want another title!!!!

3. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

Ditto.

4. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

My opinion would be, You cant win the National Championship every year. Thats the only bad thing about winning it all, because it hurts when you dont do it the following year, and every year after. If we lose a game or two next year, I hope fans dont start calling for sabans head, because we will lose some before its over.

5. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

in that scenario, we could still win the SEC West and the SEC CG and go to a BCS bowl. doesn't sound bad to me!

6. snorton938

i feel the same.....just was curious how "drunk" with victory we can become.....case in point.....just wanting to dump brady without really giving him a chance.....it is alot harder to rebuild a program once you get behind on scholarships....in alot of situations he has 4 freshmen and sophomore on the court......so i wanted to see what if saban wasn't perfect and lost some games.....how fast would people turn.....i think it's a legitimate question.....

7. DDTigerFan

Brady and Saban are not the same situations Snorton. I want Brady fired now. He has never taken us anywhere like Saban has, plus his actions are a disgrace to my university.

8. snorton938

you're right.....saban didn't have to take over a program on probation with scholarship penalties.....how did brady disgrace your university.....i liken brady with spurrier (i mean look at their facial contortions and defensiveness)....still if brady can develop the arrogance and will to win as a spurrier.....i don't see a problem.....maybe an ncaa championship?

9. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I guess we would have to take him out and hang him. Not. :dis:

10. DDTigerFan

Brady disgraces this university every time he whines and makes excuses for his own shortcomings. He acts like a three year old on the court, and stop with the scholarship limitations. Brady has run off plenty of scholarship players in his time here, hasn't produced anything worth getting excited about except for one good year. 1 out of 7 is pathetic. Look at our attendance. LSU basketball used to have great attendance, and then Brady came along. Ahhh, I could go on and on. And please don't compare Brady with Spurrier. Spurrier won and he won ALOT.