what if saban were to lose 2 games next year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 16, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

college basketball is different today.....even our buddy at duke is realizing how difficult it is to keep players for 4 years....this makes recruiting talent and constantly recruiting even more critical....in this regard, brady has succeeded in replenishing talent lost.....the question is can he coach that talent and he hasn't, in my opinion, been tested yet.....if next year these kids are the same as they were when they came in (ala dale brown)....then i may agree......but gettin back to football.....from 1984 to 2004 you have had let's see....(may not be in order or spelled right)......stovall, archer, arnsparger, denardo, a guy i can't even remember his name he was there so short, saban......that's 6 coaches in 20 yrs or a tenure of about 3 yrs on average.....my it seems patience is oh so short......

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Coach K isn't running off players. Players are starting to go to the NBA from Duke, when they didn't as much in the past. Biiiig difference. Brady just runs off players!

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you have to fire saban.... just because he brought us to the top ONCE in 4 years that proves nothing. We need a REAL COACH who can consistently take us to the top, not these little peach bowls and cotton bowls. LSU fans deserve better yet it seems all these people supporting Saban are the same ones who wanted to keep DiNardo and Hallman. Go ahead people, accept mediocrity. They can't see the forest for the trees. sheep, the lot of you.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Dammit this isn't a Bash Brady thread!

What it means to me is that it would once again prove that the SEC simply RULES college football. Nothing more. Saban is king and always will be.

5. snorton938

ok....educate me.....how is this guy running off his players? is it playing time or lack of or what?

6. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Private message me if you want. This is a Saban thread.

7. snorton938

so if he were to lose 2 games next season and go to the cotton bowl, you'd be ok with that and not expect a championship year after year.....and the reason i ask that is during one of the interviews even saban admitted "with great accomplishments come great expectations".....

8. snorton938

bigger than just a saban thread....it's about expectations.....and how the bar is set and how you react if the bar isn't reached at that time.....when do emotions separate themselves from rational thought (oh god they are gonna have a field day with this one).......point is sometimes we lose objective focus and become engulfed with the emotion of winning....

9. snorton938

point is....did setting the bar of success based on saban's achievements suddenly raise the bar of expectations for brady?

10. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Odds are we will lose 2 games next year. Offense is inexperienced. But.... you never know.