what if saban were to lose 2 games next year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 16, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

there is probably more truth to that than even the detractors know themselves.

2. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

i'd disagree with that....i really think they will run the table (to me anyway the schedule looks not too bad)....point is if they did lose 2 games does saban fall from the ranks and do people go head hunting for him.....i mean what are the expectations for lsu sports.....can defeat be tolerated and if so how much....

3. snorton938

i want you to watch a player named joey graham for oklahoma state.....he left ucf with his twin brother and cousin...i believe 3 scholarships lost....ucf is now in the big dance but it took time to recover.....you never know why kids leave.....it may be the coach....the exposure....the fact they are young....who knows?

4. tirk

there is now way to answer a hypothetical such as that. no way to foresee how a loss(es) would occur if and when it does. Can't assess that til it happens. all you have to know is once a coach wins a NC for a school starved for one in football such as LSU was, Saban has free reign to do what he wants for as long he wants and people will more than likely treat it as the gospel. amen.

5. snorton938

absolutely....the tolerance (that did not exist for prior coaches is in place).....but don't underestimate lsu fans....they can be tested just oh so far.......he has his rope length.....trust me.....

6. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Wow! A post by Snorton that contains punctuation other than ......!

7. tirk

nah he is our version of, 'Da Bar' in bama already. walks on water into eternity and rightfully so since he is one of those rare coaches fans aren't stupid enough to think they know more than him. We just know more than all the others that haven't won a NC.

8. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

Any way you slice it.....if Saban loses 2 or more games next year, he's still a better basketball coach than Brady.

9. tirk

thanks for that insight. what makes you think that, anyhow? just because he won a NC?

10. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

If Saban (and team) were to lose two games next year:

(a) I'd be surprised, and
    (b) he'd be human