What if...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fishhead, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Wanted to get one of the many experts on here to answer this question...

Assuming LSU wins out and finishes 10-2 regular season...AND assuming one of the following happens---

Alabama drops a game to either MSU, AU, or whomever else they play...AND loses to UF in the SECCG...

OR

UF drops a game to one of the teams left on their schedule...AND loses to Bama in the SECCG...

Assuming the winner of the SECCG remains undefeated, but the other team loses a game along the way...then loses the SECCG...

Who would go to the Sugar?

Seems like in '06, UF beat Arky in the SECCG, but LSU was higher ranked...and went to the Sugar. Is that how it works? Undefeated SECCG winner goes to BCSNCG. 2 loss LSU, likely ranked in the top 6 by then. 2 loss loser of the SECCG, likely ranked about 10-12 by then. Who goes to the Sugar?

Thoughts? :popcorn:

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I'd like to think us. But the fact is they both beat us, and we would have the same records.

Only thing we could hope for is the loss to whoever was pretty bad abd they fell to 7 or 8 before playing the SECC game. the loss there may be enough to drop them below us, may not.

3. lsufan_in_ohio

lsufan_in_ohio East Ascension High '76

I would think the highest ranked team in the BCS would go to the Sugar. Only two teams per conf. can go to a BCS game........if LSU is ranked higher than Bama than I would think LSU.....

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Well, if either loses a game prior to the SECCG...it'll be a worse loss than either of ours. They don't play #1 or #2 prior to the SECCG. Obviously, I'm assuming that following the SECCG, the loser...considering in my scenario they have already lost another game...would fall below a 10-2 LSU with losses to #1 and #2. I mean, as it stands now, we're #8 in the BCS. Assuming we win out, we will likely move up to around 6. Whichever one of them loses two of their last 4 games would fall below that.

5. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

That;s up to the bowl commitee to decide which team they will select. Probably the team that will bring the biggest crowd and ratings. When LSU went to the Sugar in 06,it was due to the fact that LSU was a better ticket than Arky was.

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I'm no expert, but this is my thought as well.

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Plus, after last year's putrid showing by th' Tide, do you really think they would take 'em again if we had the same records?

Hell, their fans prolly wouldn't even show up.

8. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

They are not obligated to take the higher BCS ranked team. They just have to take one ranked in the top 8. The Sugar gets rich when LSU makes it there, so that is in our favor, however UF and Bama both travel well.

It could happen.

I just hope we are able to win out.

Both our SEC opponents are dangerous. Probably the best two QB's in the SEC. Good thing for us, they don't have near the supporting casts that we do.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

This is all correct but I have a question about the Sugar getting rich comment. I would think that the attendance and merchandise would be the same no matter which SEC team is chosen and the TV ratings is what would matter. If they think UF or Bama draws a bigger TV audience they could go that route.

The city of New Orleans would do way better with a team other than LSU because tourist spend more money.

Well maybe that wasn't a question...:lol:

10. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

It's a push at best.

LSU fans drink WAAAAY more than the other SEC fans. :thumb: