What if...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fishhead, Nov 10, 2009.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

The last few times we went to the Sugar there were articles detailing the economic impact of this and as I recall they generally said the tourist dollars surpassed what LSU fans brought in and it makes sense.

LSU fans know how to save in New Orleans and can easily supply our own drinks and food at tailgates, etc... Tourist can't bring these supplies as easily as we can. We know where the deals are and when we are getting ripped off and where to go to get a better deal. We have friends we can stay with or just drive to and home from the game on the same day. Tourist take more city transportation and car rentals while LSU fans carpool.

We stay for a 2-3 day period while tourist make a vacation out of it.

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I'm still not convinced.

Bama fan doesn't have as much $$$ as LSU fans.

Plus, we always win there and drink more afterward there.

Vacation my @ss. Utah made SURE that didn't happen for the idiots.

Bama fan COULDN'T WAIT to get outta th' Big Easy last year. :hihi:

3. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

LSU will not bring in more money to the city as a well as another SEC team that travels well.

Aside from that, Sugar Bowl is not going to pick us over Bama or UF if they have just one loss in the regular season and a loss in the SEC Championship game. Both beat us, both would have more wins than us, and both travel well to Louisiana. No reason to pick us unless they fall really far down the BCS ladder or have more losses than us, which would mean they would have to lose 2 out of their remaining 3 regular season games.

I just don't see it happening with the first scenerio presented.

4. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

I'll give you Mallet but Jevan Snead has probably been the biggest bust in College Football this year. Waaaayyyy overrated. Both games will be tough, Arky has a great offense nd Ole Piss has a great defense. I still think that LSU will come out on top. Oxford has been good to us this decade.

5. whodatnot

whodatnot I'm taking the day off

The SEC refs would never let UF or Bama miss out on the sugar.

6. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Frankly, that is one lousy door prize. If the bowl committee keeps matching 2nd place sec teams with these, "fly in the ointment" teams, forget it.

Say what you want about utah, but that's the point. Same is true with hawaii the previous year. You talk about sucking the life out of a bowl game.

I've seen some great games in new orleans, but a big part of the fun is who they match you up with.

The more traditional the team, the greater the buzz.
    The french quarters, takes care of the rest.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Well, you guys didn't help the cause to prevent them from getting in last year. Maybe this year Saban will take Boise St seriously.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm not sure it even has to be top 8. If the Conference champ gets tapped for the BCS NC game, the Sugar can take any bowl-eligible SEC team to represent the conference (I think, not sure).

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

So that utter beat down the dogs put on the rainbows, should have done the trick.

Take new orleans, PLEASE.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Unfortunately, now that they have started letting them in it is going to take more than a one year sample to get back to the quality opponents the SEC deserves. So, again please do your part this year and beat Boise St.