What is a good Pistol Forum?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Mr. Peabody, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Pringle

Pringle FUSC and FND

Are you like a cop or a bounty hunter or something where playing with guns and mace is part of your everyday life?

Guy shoots his wife install satelite TV, your story of shooting a hole through your wall reminded me of this.

2. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

Bought my first handgun tonight- USP .45. Most money I've ever spent on anything, and don't regret it at all. It was love at first hold. I tried convincing myself to get a Springfield XD .45, maybe a S&W .357 revolver, but nope- I wanted the full-size USP and that's what I bought.

3. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

I have a Kimber 1911 Tactical Pro II .45 ACP and I love it. I plan to get a H&K .40 USP Compact soon to keep with me. The Kimber is just too big to be portable. It's a good nightstand gun.

My baby:
    [​IMG]

I normally use http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/index.php for my firearm forums. They have a section for buy and sell kind of stuff and most of these dudes are pretty local.

4. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

The only concern I have with the USP is that it's big, but I'm of the mentality that if I need to be carrying a gun, chances are I want people to see it.

I may end up getting a compact gun down the road, but as for now I just don't see myself having one.

1 person likes this.
  5. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Best gun forum: www.glocktalk.com

There are plenty of threads for non glock owners as well.

6. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

Don't wait too long. The new stylish democratic firearm bandwagon is banning everything with a pistol grip.

7. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Kimber is tops right now if you're looking for a .45/1911. Too bad you don't like Glock, they're nice, can't go wrong with a Sig either.

8. BuickMakane

BuickMakane Sign of things to come?

All comes down to personal preference.

If I could afford it (read: get it cleared past the wife), I would get a Kimber and an HK. Or a used Colt 1911 (there are some unbelievably great ones out there.) These guns are on a different level than just about every other mainstream manufacturer.

I'm a big fan of CZ -- well-built, no frills, great price, great reliability.

Much to my utter shock, I picked up a Baby Eagle (steel, not polymer) and fell in love with it. Fits my hands and technique perfectly, and seems well-built. Definitely not for everyone though.

Next handgun is a Judge from Taurus.

Check out gunbroker.com if you want to broadly check prices or buy stuff. It's like a firearm eBay.

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That's why I like my Mini-14. It's a semi-auto capable of taking large magazines and firing a military round . . . but it looks like a sporter instead of an assault rifle.

"It's for varmints, officer!"