What is a good Pistol Forum?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Mr. Peabody, Apr 2, 2008.

1. JM Tiger

JM Tiger Founding Member

I have been hoping to get a pistol recently and had a chance to shoot a few of my friend's this weekend. I thought I wanted an HK USP .40, but really liked the Springfield XD he had. Anyone have good or bad experiences with this gun?

He recommended buying from gunbroker.com, and I have found the one I would like (4" 9mm), but am curious if anyone knows a good shop that will transfer it?

Are there any classes ever offered to learn the ins and outs of pistols? Any other advice for a new guy would be appreciated also.

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Pistols are for wussies. Us New Orleans brothas shoot AK47s and street sweepers !! :yelwink2:.

3. BuickMakane

BuickMakane Sign of things to come?

The Springfield is a fine firearm, and a solid value.

Gunbroker.com is a great site, especially for checking a wide range of prices, but I recommend the following as well:

1. Go to a local gunshop and chat them up. Most of these places are awesome if they think you're a serious buyer and/or enthusiast. They'll have info on classes that are available. You may even get a good deal on a gun.

2. Go to a gun show if you don't get a good deal at the shop.

3. Practice, practice, practice

4. Then clean, clean, clean your gun. You'll hear that guns don't need that much cleaning - that they'll still shoot. That may be true, but you have a gun for that one time when it absolutely, positively must function properly. Care for it as such.

I like drinking beer and listening to country music when I'm cleaning mine. It's very relaxing.

1 person likes this.