What is catcalling

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jul 11, 2018.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

ok so I was debating this with some younger people and I was told I catcalled. Here is the story, I’m on a Subway, Ralph Ave in Brooklyn, getting on the J, I get on the wrong one and it takes me deeper into Brooklyn instead of going back towards the East River and Manhattan. So I hop off at the next stop, walk down and around and head the other side to go back. And that’s when the most gorgeous female I have ever seen starts walking up the stairs. I contemplate saying anything to her, so I figure what I’ll do is when I get off I’ll tell her she is beautiful so I won’t ever have to think about how I stepped up to the plate and chickened out. A K is better than not being in the box IMO, anyway. I get off, and as I’m stepping off I tell her, “I’m sorry for interrupting I just wanted you to know you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, I hope you have a fantastic night.” Get off and never see her again.

Is that catcalling?

LSUTiga likes this.
  2. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

No, that is a complement, but get off the drugs if the hottest woman you have ever seen is in Brooklyn.

el005639, LSUTiga and uscvball like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

Dude, they are everywhere on the subways in New York. There are more fine Latina women on the subways right now than in Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennesseee, Kentucky and Missouri combined

4. watson1880

Manhattan, not Brooklyn

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Not a catcall. But there's not much game in it....not that you were trying to play.

Not all women are going to receive or respond to such a comment in the same way. Anything from eff you to what a nuisance to #MeToo might all be possibilities.

But were you really stepping up to the plate if your name wasn't on the roster?

LSUTiga and watson1880 like this.
  7. LaSalleAve

I had no intention of getting a number or any further conversation. I was stepping up to my own plate.

watson1880 likes this.
  8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I think it depends on where you are (customs, rituals). Here in California early on, I got hauled into the CEO's office with HR and security. I thought my shit was cooked (layoff) but it turns out it was over a chick who got bent outta shape cause I called her sunshine...on the phone. Was instructed to do what was necessary to avoid litigation...

Folks just don't get southern hospitality around here. Have hated it here since.

9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

yeah, sure. But does your subconscious believe that?

Bengal B and watson1880 like this.
  10. watson1880

[​IMG]