What is going on at the Santa Anita racetrack?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by fanatic, Jun 10, 2019.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I don't really follow horse racing except the Kentucky Derby and even that is as a casual fan. But I read an article on eSPN that since last Christmas, 29 horses have died at the Santa Anita race track, where this year's Breeders Cup will be held, including 5 in the last 3 days. Regulators have asked the track operators to suspend racing until they can investigate to see what's going on, but so far, they have refused.
    Again, not a fan, but that seems like a lot of horses in such a short period of time. What the fuck is going on? What has changed since Christmas of last year? I can't believe the people who run the track refuse to close so it investigated further, but maybe they don't want it inspected. The bigger question is, why would a trainer or owner even let their horse race there? It almost sounds like some kind of scam where these horses that aren't paying off are euthanized on purpose for insurance payout. But what do I know?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Maybe the racing surface on the track? Del Mar had the same problem, a lot of horses were coming up lame from running on a shitty track. They put in a new, softer surface and now, there are apparently less deaths as a result. Purely speculation tho.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I was going to ask the same, were they falling? Or are they dying while they are being housed in the barn? I bet there are insurance investigators crawling all over that joint. That is huge business and dirty and inhumane as fuck.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

M
    There is more dope at a race track than there is in Columbia.

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I heard Alan Dunn was the lead trainer there.

7. shane0911

I was talking about the killing of the horses to get the insurance money. Its a thing.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Refer back to the video of when Tony Soprano found out Ralphie had torched the stables to collect the insurance money on the horse they owned

shane0911 likes this.
  9. shane0911

Thats small time, these guys are ruthless, like putting ping pong balls in a horses nostrils or they hook an electrical lead to its lip and the other to its ass. Plug in the other end of and it will drop the horse in a millisecond.

Hard to prove as well. Dirty bastards

10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

You seem to know a lot about this.

LSUTiga likes this.