Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

What is it?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by KyleK, Jan 10, 2012.

1. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

I don't see any eggs......
  2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

How does it work? If it has to do with a bike, martin is gonna get it. I'm just trying to figure out how it is used. Martin, get off your lazy ass and post a pic. Prove to us that you really don't suck.
  3. plotalot

plotalot Senior Member

Kyle think of a spring trap that the opposing jaws are fully closed when they are perpendicular to each other. There is a cleat which is bolted to a shoe which wedges between the jaws and the spring causes the jaws to clamp onto the cleat. This allows a cyclist to exert a lot of pressure on the pedals without having to worry about having a foot slip from the pedal.
  4. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

When you observe a bicyclist coming to a stop, then falling over like a clown act--that's a new rider trying to get used to those lock-in bike pedals. It apparently takes a bit of muscle memory to kick out of them when one has to stop...
  5. martin

martin Banned Forever

I use clips, I can't be bothered to wear special shoes. Plus my fixed gear bikes can trackstand so no need to put feet down at stop lights, if you are skilled enough, which I really am not
  6. plotalot

plotalot Senior Member

A trackstand can be done on any bike. It is easier to do on a fixie though. Another option is to slow down well in advance of a potential stop and creep along until it's time to go again.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

martin, quit being lazy and post a whatisit.
  8. Herb

Herb Veteran Member

9. plotalot

plotalot Senior Member

An antique dental drill.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's a spring-powered clockwork drive for a gadget, likely a doohickey counterweight.