What is so appealing about Miles???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Veritas, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

Really ask yourself what makes you excited about Miles coming. When I think of him coming to LSU, there's nothing to it. It's like having a hot dog without anything on it.

2. Ryno

Ryno Freshman

No, Miles was at Dallas from 1998 to 2000. He was our OC from 1995 to 1997 when we beat OU for the first time and reached our first bowl since the Barry Sanders Heisman year of 1988.

He left Stillwater and OSU because of some MAJOR differences between him and our former HC and now Notre Dame LB coach, Bob Simmons.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

You should be proud. Sounds like a coach you might want to keep instead of recommending.

4. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

Sounds like another guy I know, Curly Hallman.

5. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Thing I haven't understood is... if Les is such a good coach why are all the OSU fans not angry or depressed about it. UL fans were livid when Petrino interviewed after signing a contract.... Les did the same thing, but their fans are all "He is great, you guys will like him, here"... Am I missing something ?

6. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Sounds like the www.firelesmiles.com is up and running.

Edit

Getting a lot of pm's to start a thread named after the madeup website I put up. I clicked on it just to see if anything would happen, and there's some story attached to it. I didn't attach anything. Just weird I guess.

7. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

Personally I don't want the inconsistency. Sounds like either Miles team comes out flat or comes out on fire. I have had enough of those kind of games. :(

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I just made that same point on another thread...glad to see that I'm not the only one who noticed this.

9. Ryno

Ryno Freshman

I would say it's 90-10 OSU fans wanting Miles to stay. Some were soured by the 2-6 finish to the season and the way we lost some games. We blew a 35-7 arse kicking in Austin, gave up 48 straight. Didn't give our players a chance against Texas Tech (we were better) and then didn't show up against Ohio State.

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

It's all on the internet and easy to find.

I really didn't go into it much, because it's all so readily available on the internet.

Here it is, in summary

-- In Nov 99, Bill Polian had his eye on Saban for NFL HC positions. Polian's opinion of Saban was very high

-- Saban was DC for the Cleveland Browns for years in the early 1990s. Under his tutalage, the Browns defense pretty much went from worst to first

-- Saban was a very successful HC at University of Toledo in the 1980s

-- Miles has been HC in only one place, Ok St and his record is 28-21

-- In the NFL, Miles was the Tight Ends coach for the Dallas Cowboys for a couple of years

-- Miles was a coaching assistant at Michigan

These are the facts. They cannot be disputed. You cannot ignore the facts. All you can do is speculate that the facts will not matter in the future. This is fine and demonstrates optimism, which is a desirable trait. If you are correct and Miles's future is similar to Saban's time at LSU, I will buy you a steak dinner, AND BE GLAD TO DO SO.