What is the effect of police forces becoming militarized?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Mar 22, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

So what? In the midst of an unstable situation like that, "the back" doesn't spell shyt, necessarily.

Well that's just most people; however, THAT is NOT what is going on here. I suggest you read the link you posted.

It involves such things as "claims" and "open range". The "property owner" has some "claims" that include 400 "other" cattle that he says are his but not branded. Who doesn't brand cattle that graze open range? Seems shady to me.
    As you can see below, there are also court orders, they're not "just walking on his property" out of the blues.

Then there is this little matter:

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yet if you shoot someone in the back it's murder. I dunno what you are really arguing. If the person is walking away, why taze?

Further this is how it started.

"Sandoval, a former state attorney general and federal district court judge, weighed in late Tuesday after several days of media coverage about blocked roads and armed federal agents fanning out around Bundy’s ranch while contractors using helicopters and vehicles herd cows into portable pens in rugged and remote areas."

If screaming is aggressive then armed agents is what?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  3. LSUTiga

No, it's only murder if you kill them and we're talking about taze man, c'mon. Stay focused here.

You need to know these things just in case. REMEMBER, you did say, "I dunno, if someone came on my land and started taking shit, I can't say I would just let them in and be nice."

And don't go confusing shooting someone in the back with fleeing. What if he was turning around to draw a weapon? Or what if you walk into your daughter's room in the night and someone is raping her then jumps off? He goes for a knife that he'd dropped on the floor? That's how flawed your thoughts are here.
    It started years ago. Read your link again.

You tell me what day iz but CAN tell you screaming at an officer is CERTAINLY aggressive. That'll getcha ass kicked where I grew up.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I did read it. All you are trying to do is belittle. The principle is the same. Being shot in the back, or hit, or tazed is an indication frequently used by the courts to show excessive use of force.

Again, this thread is about excessive uses and shows of force.

Cops frequently get the benefit out the doubt just as you portrayed. I do not see why you need over 200 federal agents to round up cattle. Oh and snipers. SNIPERS.......

It is also reported it will cost the feds more money to take the cattle than this guys owns. Brilliant..

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You see, the feds took it upon themselves to reclassify the land.

"The cattle were being rounded up by BLM officers as part of a crackdown on Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who has refused to pay “grazing fees” demanded by the feds as a result of a re-classification of 600,000 acres of federal land in northeastern Clark County which Bundy claims has been in his family for generations."

There are clearly two sides and I don't blame the guy for not paying if what he says is true. This is why we have a court of law. You don't need to send snipers to the guys land to make him pay or take his cattle.

http://www.infowars.com/federal-snipers-train-guns-on-family-for-filming-cattle/

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

May as well be. These things are mega expensive. I have sat on source selection boards that award the contracts to build these things. They are far from "cheap" seems like the gubment could find a way to recoup some of those funds instead of handing the keys to deputy fife.

7. LSUTiga

meh, that's what I said to begin with. I guess you DO agree with me after all.

You'll never hear me say our gubberment is smart. Example is the state issue tax refund cards. My accountant told me how much it cost per card (can't remember exactly) but way more than cutting a check.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Good example. There would be a knife on crime scene. Unlike this case, an unarmed person using the English language..

Though each states has specific laws on this. In Texas, I can shoot to kill or beat the dude to death as he was an "imminent" threat to my family and my household. Again, unlike this case. No one was being raped.

You following along?

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

No, you jumped all over me and basically blamed the people.

"They may have a right to be mad, and they may be RIGHT IN BEING mad; however, aggressive behavior towards officers like that is unacceptable."

We can agree to disagree that yelling at an agent and THEN turning around to be tazed is excessive. As well as the amount of federal agents used to gather cattle.

10. LSUTiga

uh, neither was there a murder- though YOU injected that argument. Quit pulling my dick.