What is the hardest sport to play?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gulf Coast Tige, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Tell me what you think the hardest sports to play?

I have played these and have found them the hardest for me.

1. Hockey- The skating part killed me. Then I could not learn to stop once I got going. I still play, even though I get killed by the guys from up North.

2. Baseball- The curveball killed me.

3. Soccer- I tried to play it and these old men made me look like a fool. To make it worse, my 10 year old daughter eats my lunch when I try to guard her.

I am(was) a pretty decent athlete. I started as a WR/TE for a 5A state champion football team and also played SF in basketball.

2. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

I wouldn't consider golf a sport (more like a waste of prime real estate), but that's pretty rough. Also, I'm left-handed and no one has lefty clubs. I went to a driving range once with a summer camp and had to swing with a putter!

Sports I consider difficult...
    Gymnastics (I wouldn't have the balls to do that vault thing)
    Water Polo (who wants to get their ass kicked while doing the doggie paddle?)

Sports I don't understand...
    Fencing
    Crickett

Sports that aren't sports...
    Golf (it's a game, not a sport)
    Bowling (see above)
    Shooting/Archery (it's a skill, albeit a difficult one)

Just to clarify, I consider a sport to be a game that requires athletic activity (running, jumping, swimming, skating, skiing).

3. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

as far as hardest to be really good at, I would have to say golf......its not the hardest to play, but it is the hardest to be good at.

4. OklahomaTiger

OklahomaTiger Founding Member

Oddly enough

I find the difficult sports to be the ones I've rarely played or not played at all.

1) Cross Country - ever try running 26 miles? Me neither
    2) Water Polo - How about constantly swimming, staying above water, going against competition, and trying to throw a ball at a goal smaller than a goal in hockey.
    3) Ultimate - try guarding a person constantly with no timeouts over a 100 yard football field. Oh yeah, and if they score, you have to run to the other side of the field to get ready to receive the ball.
    4) Boxing/Kick-Boxing - try getting punched around the face and ribs for 12 rounds?

5. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Ultimate is awesome. That is one of the best sports, and requires you to be in great shape. Constant running. I love Ultimate!

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Boxing is the hardest. You have to constantly improve or you get the crap beaten out of you.

7. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I didn't even think of boxing red. I would be a quick fight for somebody. I think after one punch I might just roll out of the ring and call it quits.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I'll agree with that list.

9. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

10. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Baseball is such a technical sport. You have to play baseball as a kid to have a chance of ever making it on a high school team. You cannot just say in the ninth grade, I am going to play baseball and expect to make the team. The same goes for soccer.