What is the problem btwn LSU and McKnight

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Lil Jules, Mar 21, 2006.

1. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

mcknight is as much of a must get as there is. Sucks that growing up that he dreamed of moving to the west coast. But like cparso said can't blame him for wanting to see new things.

Also What did KW do so wrong. I think he handled it perfectly. Its kinda like you getting offered you dream job and verbally accepted, but then another company, that was as good or better then your dream company, came 2 days later and offered you a better deal. Would you take the time to think about your decision and do whats best for you and your family or would you make a rash decision and say no no I gave my word. If you say you would do the latter then your an idiot. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

You make some good points, CParso. We should certainly do everything to get him to come to LSU, and I guess I a little too irritated with top Louisiana recruits who want to leave the state - especially to schools I don't particularly like, such as USC.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

louisiana recruits wanting to go elsewhere isn't a new thing. unfortunately we've missed on great players even from the baton rouge area. and of course i don't need to name those names... but face it. if you don't think usc/los angeles or miami, or even UT/austin can offer more for a secular college kid you're kidding yourself. it all depends on the kid. luckily saban was able to find kids like clayton, spears, and lavalais who were the cornerstones of this team both talent and leadership-wise. all three Christians and all three possessing NFL talent. and none of the three wanting to go to a school like miami or usc where all the debauchery could be had.

that was a once in a lifetime deal most likely. look for kids like mcknight and others to go where the glam is. also consider the fact that usc plays in a conference with no defense allowing offensive talent to shine and get drafted high for top dollar.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

:hihi: Yea, there's no debauchery to be found in Baton Rouge. People come to LSU soley for our wholesome atmosphere and because we're all Christians. And the only reason recruits go to schools like USC or Miami is because they are horrible criminals that want to rape girls and take drugs.

The draft loves SEC running backs and SEC players in general. A few players from the PAC 10 are highly rated every year because they stand out, but the SEC produces solid classes of players every year.

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

lsudeek that was the dumbest arguement I have ever seen on here. :lol: . Yea LSU is such a christian school :hihi: .

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

McKnight is the kind of talent you really want to land, because he will be fun to watch and could become a game-changer. I'll be dissapointed if we don't get him, but he won't make or break the class - especially since we started off with a long shot to get him.

7. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

A Reggie Bush type player who plays in Louisiana and goes to a HS that is a pipeline to LSU is a must get. We'll still have a great class without him but he would take it to another level.

8. LSUDeek

way to exaggerate. yunno (ill use a martin ism) its really probably time to put you on ignore. try to deny that the best players in the program the last 3 years were christians and outspoken leaders.

why else would a kid want to go to USC?

im not denying lsu has its share of "party animals" as it were but if you are going to sit here and tell me it compares to miami and usc you're just kidding yourself.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Of course I exaggerated - it was done to mock you.

That's the Christian way! :thumb:

I don't deny that our best players the past few years appeared to be christians and great people. But the person you see on camera and in interviews is not necessarily who they really are.

Seriously? I imagine the west coast offers more to do in general, not just of the debauchery sort. USC competes for championships every year, plays more freshmen every year than most teams in the country, and produces a lot of NFL talent.

Have you ever been to USC or Miami? Have you ever seen what they do on the weekends? It's the exact same thing that happens every weekend here in Baton Rouge. People get drunk, people do drugs, people have sex, people take the lord's name in vain etc, etc. It happens a little more frequently there, but not near as much as you pretend.

10. LSUDeek

Turning the other cheek to those who would cast stones? I agree. The venom which you spew is considerable.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I've been to LA and Miami. Waaaay more drugs, waaaaay more clubs, waaaaay more parties.