What is your feeling about Saban right now?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 22, 2004.

?

What is your opinion on Saban at this point?

Poll closed Dec 29, 2004.
  1. I am fed up with this process, he can go for all I care

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. I still support Saban and hope he stays at LSU

35 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. TigerLicks

TigerLicks Founding Member

The comments by Huizenga about wanting to talk again and ask more questions leads me to believe the "control" issue over the Fins for Saban is still a big "?" My guess would be that Saban is leaning towards staying as a result and is getting tired of the whole deal. Hearing more positive spin about Bates and saying that they have "officially" not offered anyone the job yet leads me to believe they realize they may losing the effort to get Saban. Today(late) or tomorrow I'd bet it'll be over. I think the last try by Huizenga won't move Saban over. Just my guess.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

My feelings are I want him to stay and I also want him to take however long he needs to make this decision, regardless of how quickly fans want him to make it. He should not announce the decision until he sure of it.

People crack me up, here we have the greatest coach in our history and so many fans want to put him on a timeline that could force him to leave instead of stay.

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Look at it this way. The Dolphins want to name someone soon. They have interviewed three people: Jim Bates, Art Shell and Saban.

Who would you hire?

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

but cant you see that's the very nature of the beast?

6. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

If Coach Saban really has a dream of going to the NFL, I would like to see him go this year when we are "loaded for next year with talent", instead of next year.

Best case is that Coach Saban does some soul-searching and realises that in LSU he has found his ultimate destination.

7. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I am not so sure he is the greatest coach in LSU history, he is a great coach.

If he stays, fine. If he goes we will get another great coach. :geaux: :thumb:

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Sums it up for me. But if he does a big soul search and decides to stay at LSU, the big question will be why. If its because this is not the right NFL situation, we will be back here next year. If its a family based decision, hopefully he realizes its decision thats good for the next 4 years.

I understand him looking, because this is America, the land of the free, and a man has the right to try and become all he can. But if he stays, I hope it means he is finished looking at the NFL for the next 4 years.

9. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I feel that Saban is being seduced by power and greed, which are two of the seven deadliest sins. I hope he knows what he's doing, because Butch, Spurrier, Erickson, and Carrol have already met the buzzsaw. John Clayton said himself Saban is "doomed" with the total control. Even Holmgren and Shanahan, who are GM's, are fighting for their jobs. We will see.

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Either you want to be a Tiger or you don't

Saban bleeds P nor G, he's a hired gun. I aint much into begging so if he don't want to be a Tiger, pack your stuff and get out of Baton Rouge. Skip will take care of it, that's my confidence :)