What is your fondest memory while...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KTeamLSU, Jan 15, 2005.

1. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

What is your fondest memory while attending LSU.

#1: Getting knocked unconsious in the parking lot of Tiger Bar for running my mouth and being way to intoxicated. Note it was a cheap shot head butt.

#2: First piece of La pride <if you know what I mean>

#3: Many a drunken night, destroying Kirby-Smith ie exit signs, lacrosse in the hall way, empty pizza box in the oven (wasn't me).

#4: My first LSU game Tulane 2001

#5: Winning student lottery and going to the Sugar Bowl 2003.

#6: Mud riding in the bowl at UH at Brightside

#7: Raj's beer specials at Tigerland market

#8: A night in East Baton Rouge Parish Prison

#9: My first crawfish boil, in Boutte, follwed by a drunken night at Swamp Island in Metaire and hanging out with the Junior Mafia.

#10: Taking a group of guys from Virginia, New Jersey, and Chicago, with me (from South Carolina) to Mamou for the street dance the Monday before FT. Very funny story goes along with this, but its long.

will add as I remember...

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Receiving my diploma! :D

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

The entire four year experience ! I would pay millions of dollars to go back to LSU as an undergraduate and experience it again.

Re football I recall my first BIG experience in Tiger Stadium. We played Univ. of Washington in 1983. @ the time Wash. was ranked in the top ten. The Tigers won big and an attendance record was set that night. People in the student section were literally sitting in the aisles, not sure where the fire marshalls were that night. The atmposhere was unbelievable. I was a freshman and double dated with my brother who was a junior. I'm originally from a very small town. I can recall during a part of the game when the entire stadium was on its feet screaming like maniacs, my brother turns and tells me "You're not in Kansas anymore !" The campus was really buzzing after that win.

Those of you on the forum who are students, please enjoy your stay at LSU as much as you can for the rest of us. Take your time and don't be in a RUSH to graduate. The world will still be there to greet you even if you take an extra semester or so to graduate. I went to summer school every summer and regret it to this day. You'll NEVER have the time that you have now, at your age, to not have responsibilites etc. Sit back and enjoy the ride, stop and smell the coffee and the roses ! Amen ... Go Tigers !

4. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Building memories that will last a life time with my sons. Yep I am one of the older posters here.

After that it's the earthquake game. Or at least that moment.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

If even wrote a brief synopsis of the highlights from my days at LSU it would be way to long. Here is what I miss the most:

the Club Club, the student organization I started with some friends. We were the fourth largest on campus last year behind SG, RHA, and the BSU

Playtime 1001, my friends and I played four square, dodgeball, red light green light, hide and seek, and other games ever Mon Wed Fri from 1240-140 for 4 years

The 1230 Walkthrough, we walked through the old Howe-Russell auditorium before the 1230 class ever MWF.

80s night at the moon

Saturday night in Tiger Stadium

Sunday afternoon at the Box

Finals week at Christ the King

Road trips to Austin for Austin City Limits, and South by Southwest

Shooting the entire bottle of Dickel at the Chimes

Throwing TVs off the roof of Kirby

Throwing purple Kool Aid in the fountain

Wait I have my all time favorite now.
    Winning the LSU men's handstand championship and the $100 prize after a girls gymnastics meet.

6. fokrab

fokrab Founding Member

Fondest Memory

LSU vs Ole Miss 1972

Bert Jones to Brad Davis with :01 on the clock (or was it :00). LSU wins 17-14 nad maintains chance to fulfill the Sports Illustrated preseason #1 prediction. Then next week the "Bear" visits BR and the first loss of the season is history. Oh well.... :eek:ldskule:

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

In no particular order:

1. First game as a student was the Jamie Howard redemption game (AKA Bring Back the Magic or the Troy Twillie last second INT game). Had been to a lot of games before but that one was different, getting to experience the buildup on campus all week. Was interviewed on local news (waiting in line for tickets) but they called me Trey Coon. Obviously that became my nickname for a few months.

2. Trip to Tuscaloosa when LSU won in '97. We went to some pretty good parties over there and sat in the Bama student section. We were able to get down to the first row when Faulk had his long TD run. One of the O-Line guys ran all the way down with Faulk and pointed to us in the endzone.

3. Trip to Auburn when LSU won 31-16. A good friend at LSU had a lot of friends there and we even experienced it the Auburn way: IN A FREAKIN DOUBLE-WIDE. I never realized until then that so many students live in the trailers.

4. The all-night party that ensued after LSU beat #1 Florida. Damn, look at all the good times for the Dinardo era. If Saban would've turned out like Hallman, I wonder if Dinardo would be more well liked. Had some races in the Embassy pool that night and made sure to catch the 2:30 AM replay after the game.

5. Proposing in front of Mike's cage. Had to get a witness.

6. Winning the 6 foot and under b-ball league. Getting to the finals of the regular league one year was probably tougher but we got blown out bad by Donald's team.

7. Riding our bikes from Embassy to old #10 on the golf course to dig out golf balls from the little pond at 3AM. After years of us hitting drives into that pond, we had to get some back. It was only about 2-3 feet deep but I chickened out of getting in. My job was to bag up the balls thrown from the pond.

I was trying for a top ten but I think I've rambled enough.

8. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

The names of some of these places won't be familiar to you "youngsters."

- Playing pinball at the "White Horse" with Cashmere blaring from the sound system, good cold beer at hand, not a care in the world.

- Downing a frozen "fish bowl" of beer at "Chuck's" across the river in Addis. Old road house with Terry Bradshaw records on the juke box.

- Drinking beer out of a bucket at the "old" Bengal on Highland Road.

- Initiation into my fraternity, 1975.

- Lying in my bed in Johnston dorm my first night on campus and thinking "I'm finally here!" after a lifetime of wanting to go to college at LSU.

- Taking a "scenic" cruise along sorority row on a beautiful spring day.

- Meeting Frank Zappa outside the Assembly Center after his concert there.

- Classes. Believe it or not, I really enjoyed most of my classes, loved the challenge of making at least decent grades, enjoyed learning.

- How many memories from Tiger Stadium? Too many to count, but the Ole Miss game of 1976 stands out because of a few "souvenirs" that were liberated from the Ole Miss cheerleaders and a couple of fans after the game.

- A spring afternoon at Alex Box. The team was dreadful for most of my time at LSU, absolutely terrible - but what a better time than to sit out in the bleachers on a sunny spring day and watch college baseball?

9. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

That's easy.

I was at the Earthquake Game in 1988. It was a first date with a really hot chick, too. I parlayed that evening into some very pleasant times with her indeed. Her flesh was very sweet.

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I was there too...my 1st semester at LSU...

Things I remember (vaguely).

Out drinking at Rascal's til 3a and getting up to hit Math 1021 at 7:30a...sometimes.

Walking to Fred's and Sports from my apartment in Tigerland content that I could drink and not have to drive. Not always making it home.

Spending time working as an electrician's apprentice at Coates Hall on the 8th floor and watching the Sorority Sis's sunbathe nude on the roof of their house through a surveyors scope :shock: :grin:

Sneaking into Tiger Stadium at night for a game of 3 on 3. Getting busted for same.

Missing Environmental Science 1001 getting tickets to the 1986 NCAA Regional against Memphis State after watching LSU beat Purdue in 2 overtimes. Two of the best games I have ever been to in the Pete Maravich Assembly Center.

I'm sure there are more...but I can't really recall them at the momemt