What is your gut telling you

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by LEGACY TIGER, Feb 1, 2010.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

flashback. was thinking Farve! hey, it was late.

2. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

38-28 or 34-24, Saints by 10

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I've been pretty relaxed concerning the game. It's destiny. It's time!

4. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Me too. I wasn't even nervous for the championship game...until the Vikes got inside the 40.

on the other hand...watching nflnetwork's "coverage" of the super bowl and haven't heard anything about the Saints. They've talked briefly about Manning, but mostly non super bowl stuff.
    Let's go! Talk about the game!

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Saints are going to have to play smart D. If they go after Manning as aggressively as they did Favre, I don't think they'll have such a great outing.

That said, my gut says the Saints win. I'm not predicting a score or anything, but I think they've got this.

6. tyf69

tyf69 Founding Member

Saints will win it. I saw what this them was back in preseason, and everyone knows
    can't take that to the bank, but this team was different. Again't the Dolphins, when
    they were down 3 touchdowns, I never worried. When Meacham stripped the ball
    and ran it back for a TD, that only proved this team is different. They won't quit.
    They'll find a way. I hope they remember the 5 touchdown passes Manning threw
    against them a few years back in the dome. I was there. It made me sick. But
    since 67, I've been a fan. I remember watching Gilliam run that opening kickoff back
    for a touchdown. I remember my old man buying 40 more feet of antenna pole (we
    lived in Minden in northern La) so we could watch the Saints from the Monroe
    station, because Shreveport only showed the cowboys. It's our time now.

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Not sure where the 4 yrs and 4 months since Katrina came from (it's been 5+ yrs). With Freeney and their starting CB slowed by injuries, the national guys seem to be split fairly evenly with their picks. I've definitely heard more than half picking the Saints with the five points.

I think Brees and co. will be able to move the ball and our running game gives me some added confidence. The kicking game has been a huge ? but Hartley's big moment helps that area. I'm going with a 27-24 win, which is slightly lower scoring than expected due to two turnovers by each team. I'll go with Colston getting a big red zone TD late in the game for the lead and the "Gimme Dat Krewe" with a big takeaway to seal it.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

peyton underperforms in big games.
    saints do not.

that said, there wont be many turnovers, the saints wont get to manning and he will have success underneath. but saints 34-27

9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I agree. The stars are aligned. It's OUR TIME. I've felt the same way about many big games and we've won them all. I have that same feeling. We won't be denied. Super Bowl 44 champs, baby....WHO DAT!!!

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

nope. august 29 2005.