What is your gut telling you

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by LEGACY TIGER, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

OK now that its 35 hours until kickoff I'm finally starting to get a gut feeling..
    All I have been hearing from the national media is how great Peyton Mainning is. Nothing but Manning, Manning Manning Manning. I am getting sick of it. Drew Brees might not be the "student of the game" as much as Peyton but he is as much of a competitor as Manning. He wouldn't say it in public but I'm sure he is sick to death of hearing about how much greater Peyton Manning is than him. He has got to have a chip on his shoulder. His Saints teammates have been hearing he same crap. I hope they all have a chip on their shoulders

Peyton was always the "golden boy" from high school and college and the NFL. Drew Brees led his high school team to a state championship in Texas. He wanted to go to UT but Purdue and Kentucky were the only colleges that offered him a scholarship. Brees is the underdog but for the last 3 years his stats have been equal to or better than Peyton's.

Brees is going to find a way to win

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

omg! the saints are in the super bowl!

i think reality just kicked in..... all of a sudden i am nervous!:eek:

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Well, given I was pulling for the purple and gold (Vikings), and the Jets (yes, its a Namath thing), Its been kind of hard to get too jacked up for the second biggest game of the year.

What would Archie do? You see, even he's not sure. If Peyton's roots have him as conflicted, I'm thinking the Saints can get it done.

I don't know how Indy is this dominant this year. With all the new receivers and pitiful running game it's amazing. I give that Tennessee quarterback a lot of credit (that hurt).

On balance I think New Orleans is just more complete. I hope they can find their game face Sunday. Besides, I got Roman Harper making the play of the game.

No one parties in Indianapolis, really I've been there. Saints 38 - 34

Roll Saints!

4. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Not true. They've talked about Manning 50% of the time. The other 50%??? THE Ankle!
    Saints 34-24

5. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

I believe! Saints over Colts by 13.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I got Brees having one of them magical Brees kinda days. The Saints O-line will be dominant.

Saints 38-30.

Brees 31-40, 360 yards, 4 TDs and 0 Ints.

Manning 30-51, 338 yards, 2 TDs and 3 Ints. Qb rating < 80, joining EliManning/Brady/Warner/Favre.

7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

My gut is telling me I need to go on a diet.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Originally Posted by Bengal B [​IMG]
    OK now that its 35 hours until kickoff

Down to 17 hours now

9. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

+1

On the other hand, in my gut I think the Saints have a good chance to win, but Indy deserves to be the favorite.

I think the Saints entire schedule was soft. The Giants nor Patriots were not their "old selves". The best defense we played in the regular season was Dallas, and they beat us handily with Brees in the game. The best defense we played was Minn., and they beat us except for turning the ball over so much.

I don't think the Indy D is as good as the Minn. D (and this gives the Saints their best chance to win), but I think their O is better than Minn.

Indy doesn't beat you with the run, they beat you in the air. The key to the game will be if the Saints D can put pressure on Manning, and not give him too many opportunities to exploit while they are at it. Manning is the best QB in the league right now, and he's the best at making you pay with a quick hit when you send a corner after him, or a LB, and he sees whose coming and reacts so well!!!

42 - 35, Indy takes it. If the Saints D get2 2 turnovers margin over the Colts, 42 - 35 Saints.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When the Saints stopped the Colts final drive on 4th down to clinch the game there were 44 seconds left on the clock

Saintslogo Saintslogo Saintslogo Saintslogo