What is your prediction/guess/hope/expectation of the LSU QB situation next season?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JohnLSU, May 4, 2008.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Re: What is your prediction/guess/hope/expectation of the LSU QB situation next seaso

Ironically I reposted one of bhelm's posts in a thread I started.

He is catching the fever. :)

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Re: What is your prediction/guess/hope/expectation of the LSU QB situation next seaso

Those first few games will be so critical to get Lee's confidence up. I think they will open up the playbook to some degree since these games will be blowouts. Then they will get a little conservative with him heading into the SEC schedule. Crowton will put him in situations where he can succeed.

Let's just trust the Crow-meister.

3. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

I want to see Hatch get the start and do really well. It would nice to see a Harvard kid win a championship

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

not. gonna. happen.

Besides, he won a BCSNC last year...with the rest of the team.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Whats the word on Hatchs arm strenght, I havent seen anything favorable about it in a few articles I have read.

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

This was posted today by the Bayou Bengal Blog:

Bayou Bengal Blog: Baseball Ascends To SEC West Lead With Sweep; Perrilloux Finally Runs Himself Off

7. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Really doesn't matter who the QB is this year in my opinion. While Lee and Hatch have time in the system which gives them an advantage over Jefferson; this advantage isn't that big of a deal in the whole scheme of things. I believe for the most part, LSU will adopt the Arkansas '07 mentality when it comes to winning games. Run, Run, Run and don't let Dick screw it up. Now I'm not naive enough to think that Crowton won't air the ball out a few times on streaks, or call the dreaded "bubble screen" or short dump pass to the tight end. I do believe we will see a much more vanilla brand of football this season. But thats O.K. because in the back field we have 3 great running backs in Keiland Williams, Charles Scott and Richard Murphy. I smell two 1,000 yard rushers, with Murphy putting up a decent amount as the third wheel. I think Lafell will be the "Early Doucet" this season, with Byrd being the deep man.

I wouldn't really have a problem with this as long as it wins games. By midseason we may have found the right QB and Miles/Crowton may trust him enough to open the playbook up and let the kid go, but that seems highly unlikely against tough defenses like Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, and USC. Each QB has his weaknesses and strengths and in all reality I hope we don't have a QB controversy or dual QB system. While this works in cases like Leak/Tebow, Flynn/RP... most times it doesn't work, allowing neither QB to get comfortable with the first team, or develop a rhythm. I hope Miles picks his guy out and sticks with him, and not buy into the musical chairs QB which I certainly see happening.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Mastermind, I couldn't help but notice the irony. Your sig pic is making fun of someone not knowing how to spell "moron", and then THIS is your sig line.:rofl:

You where the chosen one, the prophesy said you would bring more NCs to LSU
    Now that will be LEE:crystal:

Anywho, I have little doubt that Lee will be the starter, and should do pretty well. He has greater arm strength and accuracy...and is fairly mobile. Also, his football background (coaches son) leads me to believe he is "football smart", and can keep his composure better than most in the hostile environment that is the SEC for a RSFR.

There will be growing pains of course, but here's hoping they will come in games 1-3. After that, I would think that GC would have the talent with which Lee will be surrounded carrying him...rather than the other way around.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

also, there is no "s" in prophecy :hihi:

1 person likes this.
  10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Don't you just hate the grammer nazis??:wave: