What is your prediction/guess/hope/expectation of the LSU QB situation next season?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JohnLSU, May 4, 2008.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Re: What is your prediction/guess/hope/expectation of the LSU QB situation next seaso

Compare to Russell Shepard, a current LSU vocal commitment:

Rushing
    Soph -- 170 carries, 1,336 yards, 7.9 average, 20 TDs
    Junior -- 176 carries, 1,525 yards, 8.7 average, 18 TDs
    Senior -- next fall

Passing
    Soph -- 47-of-114 (41.2%), 683 yards, 4 TDs, 5 INTs
    Junior -- 49-of-108 (45.4%), 794 yards, 8 TDs, 4 INTs
    Senior -- next fall

1 person likes this.
  2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Re: What is your prediction/guess/hope/expectation of the LSU QB situation next seaso

Excellent assessment. I just have faith that Miles will let them compete for the position, and the best QB will be holding the reigns to this team. With 2 competent, but untested QB's behind the OL that we have, I think that we are going to be better than some maybe willing to acknowledge. We have a very experienced OL, RB group, and defense. To add to that we have a really good WR group that will be able to make adjustments to assist in whatever offensive attack that Crowton may impliment. I am confident that this team will be every bit as good as what we have been accustomed to seeing over the past 6 - 7 yrs.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Man, I didn't even have to leave this thread to find one! I didn't say YOU said it, but it has certainly been said on TF more than once.

Now, they are BOTH threats to DUEL for the position, but they are not DUAL-threat QB's.:wave:

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I was actually responding to John's post and then I discussed what I said in this thread before to clarify my previous post.

But go ahead and pick out grammar errors anyway. I just got out of my last exam ever as a student and I have to deal with this crap.:hihi:

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

congo rats!:thumb:

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

OK...I just thought since you followed my post that you were referring to what I said...and as for the grammAr thingy...had to make up for embarassing myself TRYING to correct someone's grammAr earlier today.

Congrats on not having to really worry about that crap anymore!:)

1 person likes this.
  7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

According to MaxPreps.com (LINK) Hatch had a 3.9 GPA in high school.

According to Rivals.com, Jarrett Lee had a 3.01 GPA.

Assuming those facts are true, and assuming both Hatch and Lee were being graded on a 4.0 scale in schools with similar academic competition, it would indicate that Hatch is a better student when it comes to learning things taught to him by teachers, which I'd assume would correlate to things taught to him by his offensive coordinator.

Also according to Rivals.com:

LSU
    Chris Jarrett -- 3.5 GPA
    Jordan Jefferson -- 3.0 GPA
    Matt Flynn -- 3.0 GPA (1020 SAT)
    Russell Shepard -- N/A

OTHER
    Tim Tebow -- "Tebow reports a 3.5 GPA/890 SAT" -- http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1735241
    and
    http://www.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1014&CID=490841

P.S. 890 on the SAT is pretty freaking sad.

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

it is all different.

you would be wrong

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Go check Terry Bradshaw's GPA and ACT/SAT scores...then tell me if it correlates to his football learning skills.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I heard that Tim Tebow was home-schooled and petitioned to be able to play football at a school. I do not know if that's true or not (a Florida grad told me that in the waiting room of my daughter's pediatrician's office), but that could definitely explain a poor SAT.