What kind of football season will LSU have?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by hpmcdaniel, May 18, 2005.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah, great point about Coker (still an incredibly appropriate name for Thug-U). There was certainly major pressure on him, too.

Also, since any part of the media not involved in the SoCal lovefest has already crowned Florida national champs, it doesn't appear that they buy into the new coach philosophy either.

Also, in terms of Pellini (sorry for the Sabanism), look what Chizick (or is it Borges?) did for AU's defense in his very first year. The more time passes, the less and less I'm concerned with the coaching changes.

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Maybe I should have said this new coach. I went to the simulated whatever they called that thing a couple of months ago and was not impressed. Possibly just the way it was set up. Maybe I think too much of Saban but Miles has not rang my bell yet. And as for as Pelleni. My goodness if the jury is not out on him after getting smoked in the NC game last year and from what I saw not a great defense during the year just a shabby schedule and AP running the ball.

Time will tell.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Are you always a pessimist? I'm just curious...
    What "simulated whatever" are you talking about? It simulated Miles as a head coach?
    What about when Pelleni was at Nebraska and didn't have ole' Stoops calling the shots at OU? His stats have been posted here several times. They were quite impressive.

I don't blame you for being uncertain about our new coach. Every program has to worry that a new coach won't be able to compete at the level they are expecting. That doesn't mean you should expect us to lose 2 games just because of Miles. Miles may still be unproven, but the future looks bright.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

*sigh* I'll post 'em again. This was the last D that Bo was known to have complete control of. Some of the numbers are downright freakish:

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Chizik finished up his third year last year at Auburn before moving to Texas. Borges was in his first year as OC at auburn last year.

6. tiger fan 2001

The Simulated whatever was that Spring Game that was not a spring game anymore but simulated game situations.

No I'm not a pessimist but to just think or expect to run the table and win the NC seems to be a little too P&G glasses. A lot of questions have come up this year, Almost a completely new coaching staff, no returning qb. A new key players in the defensive secondary. No Marcus Spears. No Ben Wilkerson working the line of scrimmage and making those reads.

I am not even saying I would be disappointed with 2 losses. As long as the direction of the team is heading the right way.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

No returning QB?? Wierd, I thought we had 2 returning QB's that both played in our bowl game last year. We did manage to retain our OC, Offensive line coach & Strength/Conditioning Coach. We also used to have a secondary master named Saban that taught these new defensive secondary players the game. I think they'll be okay. We didn't have Ben Wilkerson the last 4 games of last year...

It just seems like your comming up with reasons to think of losses & not be let down, IMO. I'm not saying that we won't lose 2 games - we very well could, I'm just saying that I don't think its already Miles' fault.

8. tiger fan 2001

You are right I am tryuing to prepare myself and not be let down. I like the safety in that. As far as the two qb's. I want to believe JR is the guy. Have since the day they signed him. But the proof in the pudding is in the eating. And the best I can say about JR is flashes of brillance. I want to see what happens when defenses study him and his tendencies.

Actually the only coach I am comfortable with is the S&C coach. The rest of it for me is on the proving grounds.

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TejasTiger again.

10. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

I'm thinking a possible loss to Tennessee which then causes the team to really 'wake up' and completely dominate the rest of the season and getting to the Rose Bowl.

Maybe there will be one undefeated team this year. Not necessarily USC but whoever it is we play them in the Rose.