what makes a satisfied lsu fan?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Apr 2, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

do they have to run the table year after year or can it just be a good season with some off ones in-between......they are the most "rabid" fans in the country.....but that is a two way sword......

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Compete every game!!!! Don't have to win them all but play good ball.

3. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

in theory i agree with you 100%.....but you know what....emotionally, i am so unrealistic that i really expect perfection......i want this team to be invincible year after year.....that's my point.....when do we become so obsessed that it makes no sense....good post and you are a goooood fan......

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

After the 8-5 year in 2002, I was honestly disappointed, but you can't say that we didn't put a competitive product on the field. I think we were shell shocked in two games of that season, and especially towards the end with the loss of Mauck and DJ's collapsing of the defense due to his inability to stay away from "Tha Dozure"...But on the whole, I was really pleased with the core product Saban put on the field.

Basically, all four years that Saban's put a team on the field, you can expect LSU-with only perhaps two exceptions during this time-to put a competitive, tough, focused product on the field from an execution standpoint.

We hang our hat on a stout defense, and we know that with the right personnel, we can have both an explosive and a meatgrinder type offense (Witness the differences in the offensive product in 2001 and 2003-2001 by most LSU fans' account would be the more spectacular, yet in 2003, LSU led the conference in yards per game, and in scoring-quite a feat)...

I'm satisfied by the national title. I truly didn't expect it, as no one else did, either. But, I'm also sane enough to realize that LSU is breaking in new wideouts, a new quarterback, and lost the heart and soul of its defense in Lavalais...We might not win the NC, but being competitive in the SEC West (IE, coming down to the wire and competing for the overall SEC title) is just fine with me...the national rankings will take care of themselves...

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I'm satisfied with a trip to Atlanta and STOMPIN Auburn in the process. Anything less would be a bust to me. :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

6. greel

greel Founding Member

I'm proud to be an LSU fan because LSU does things like hit a 2 run homerun when down by 2 runs in the top of the ninth with 2 outs to tie the game up, like they just did. :D

7. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I an ecstatic over the NC, but after suffering through the Archer/Curly years, I just want a quality product. Fortunately Saban will not rest on his laurels. My guess is we will be in Atlanta almost every year.