What meds do you take?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

That's gotta be an expensive habit.

I had someone tell me once that that's how meth addicts are born, believe it or not. The guy like you mentioned above gets so addicted and the habit gets so expensive, that eventually someone comes around with a $10 bag of meth and they try it. Boom. Meth head.

There is no way that a regular person in his right mind would ever do meth recreationally. Would they?

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Yes, but that is quite different from the prescription pain pills. It doesn't fuck with your receptors and make you addicted like pain meds.

I'm not saying you can't get addicted to adderall, I'm just saying that it's a completely different ballgame.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I took n anti-biotic when I stepped on a nail a few months ago. That is the only prescription I have filled in ten years.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I can believe that. He's always broke. Can't function straight. Bad combo.

5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I had a school principal compare my son's concerta (adhd med) to insulin. I told her that I didnt want my son on ADHD med. She asked " Well you wouldn't deprive him of insulin if he was a diabetic would you?" I wanted to punch her in the mouth. No way anyone can tell me there is a similarity there other than they are both prescribed drugs.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  6. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

The ADHD meds also caused my son to develope "ticks", tourette like behavior. Sniffling of the nose and clearing of the throat, over and over again. He'd lay in bed for a good 45 mins every night doing these things before being able to fall asleep. He would blink his eyes alot, uncontrollably sometimes it seemed. And twitching of the head to get his bangs out of his face, when they were no where near his eyes.

tirk and Cajun Sensation like this.
  7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That's usually where all prescription drug abuse starts, is with some type of injury. But believe it or not, there is a difference in being dependent and being addicted. It may seem like splitting hairs, but it's not. That guy definitely sounds like the latter. I've also dealt with it first hand from a close family member. Like I said in an earlier post, it does take discipline to continue using them as prescribed and not abuse them. That's the major difference in an addict vs dependency. My doctor fully laid out all of the risks vs rewards for me after my second surgery failed to correct my issue. He monitors me closely, but there also has to be some personal responsibility that goes with it too. Thankfully, I don't have an addictive personality, so I'm sure that helps me as well.

tirk likes this.
  8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That's how heroin addicts are born, not meth. Heroin is an opiate, which is the narcotic in the pills and is so much cheaper than individual pills.

Meth is not an opiate.

I've done some shit in my time, but never even had the slightest temptation to try meth, once I found out the ingredients that the garden variety meth cook uses (excluding the Heisenbergs of the world). Lighter fluid? Battery acid? No thanks.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
    tirk likes this.
  9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Bystolic for high blood pressure (congenital), Aciphex for reflux, Advair for asthma. Two Tylenol each night to settle my Restless Leg Syndrome. It will be nice when they make pot legal... I can stop destroying my liver.

Thanks, Dad.

tirk likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

This may shock a few, nothing, yep for an old guy. I'm very thankful. Had a checkup a week ago. Some of my bad numbers had dropped a little. Dr. said I'm good for another 100k, guess he ment miles, not years?