What Miles wants...and deserves.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fishhead, Jan 11, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Even more to that point, you can kind of compare the lull Florida had this year to our 08 season. Because if Urban had Cam Newton, he would likely have been playing last night with Florida instead of Auburn. I mean it's almost the same exact scenario if you think about it. If we have RP in 08, our defense still sucks but our offense doesn't throw all the pick 6's and we probably beat Georgia, we probably beat Alabama, and we probably beat Ole Miss and probably beat Arkansas. We probably wouldn't have beaten Florida, but guess what..... we would have gotten a rematch in Atlanta.

2. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

If everyone outside of the LSU bubble don't think much of him, then why are we worried about him being hired away?

And the time missmanagement crap, I saw alot of those this year, Miles's gets noticed more.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Good point. The difference is this. Miles removed the cancer from his locker room. In the Meyer/Newton case, Newton removed himself because Tebow declared he was coming back for his senior season. And then of course, once it was realized Newton was carrying AU to great heights, while UF sucked hind tit, only THEN did Meyer cry foul about Newton's doings at UF. Sorry individual, right there.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

this. and to say miles isnt attempting to fix problems is bs.

a season that we went 8-4 we had the cluster f*ck of the co-dc experiment and rp being an idiot and not keeping his nose clean. miles had to let rp go, imo, and after the dc thing changed things and hired chavis.

next season 9-3. offense still lacking a qb, but defense on the right track again. in the off season miles goes after zach lee. that is an attempt to correct that situation. the gamble fails as lee signs to go pro in baseball. i think probably 85% of us thought he would be in purple and gold. who knew the dodgers would break the bank for the first time ever and throw ungodly sums of money at the kid? and if miles had not gone after him, he gone to school somewhere else, and not gone pro, i cannot even imagine the heat miles would have taken for "not taking a chance" or "letting him escape". but didnt try to correct a problem? bs!

this past season 10-2 (11 wins with the bowl game). signs mettenberger to try to get a qb with experience for next year. defense loaded with young studs. indeed, the whole team had freshmen getting experience this year. quality freshmen.

so no attempts to make corrections? or this is a coach that doesnt deserve support from his ad? i dont f*cking get it. i just dont.

5. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I know Miles record is very good and therefore, there's not a whole lot anybody can say, but the problem I have is that Les Miles makes decisions with regards to clock management that regular people who play John Madden football know better than.

Yeah, they've won some of those games, but it just makes me question how much preparation goes into the games. LSU almost never looks like the most prepared team. They almost always look like the more talented team, but not the more prepared team. IMO, that equals, at least, two losses almost every year, just like in '07.

In '07 circumstances dictated that two losses was good enough, but that won't happen again very often, if ever.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It's very simple. The Miles bashers and negatigers know theywere wrong but most will never admit it so they come up with crap like that.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Well they can all suck it now!! :milesmic:

1 person likes this.
  8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

With miles at LSU there will be a witch hunt every week by espn and the like to defame the man. If miles took the Michigan job they would go all out about how he's turning the program around. They would have specials about the miricales he's working at Michigan. There is a double standard when it comes to lsu. When saban was here the ap awarded their nc trophy to USC. That had nothing to do with saban and everything to do with lsu.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

with an altoid!!!!

10. LSUnited

LSUnited Founding Member

UGH.

I hate this myopic line of thinking that seems to be so prevalent among college football fans.

Why would ESPN give a crap one way or the other if LSU is winning? Why would they single out LSU?

I rarely watch anything other than games on ESPN...and I'm pretty sure that I saw PLENTY of damaging coverage throughout Rich Rod's tenure at Michigan.

1 person likes this.