What Miles wants...and deserves.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fishhead, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Jackson

Jackson Tiger in NC

Believe it or not, I just read every single post in this thread. Just could not stop, lots of interesting points, pro and con on Les and the Tigers. Bottom line is CLM is staying put at LSU, we are going to sign a great recruiting class to go along with an already talent-laden team. I think and hope Les will build on the Cotton Bowl performance and be raring to go when the season starts again in Sept. I hope so because we should find out pretty quickly where we stand since we will be opening with Oregon, who just gave AU all they wanted. Sure, I have had my gripes about some of Les' game/time management decisions, but the guy is a class guy and, apparently, loves it at LSU. Why else would he pass up the chance to go to his alma mater knowing that he could be roasted again after some future game meltdown? I believe everyone on these threads loves the Tigers and want them to be successful. I know I can't wait till next season, and it surely seems a long way off right now.

So, in the immortal words of Rodney King, 'Can't we all just get along?'
    GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Not to be a debbie downer, but are we sure Michigan ever even offered the job to Miles?

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Here's the deal. They flew a jet airplane all around the country talking to his agent, and then Les himself. Les didn't go to UM to talk to them. They wanted him to be their coach, and there is no doubt about that.
    -
    With that said, I doubt very seriously they offered the job...because when they made it to BR, he told them to take his name off the list.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I made a mistake once-I thought I was wrong...but I wasn't.

Seriously though, who on here hasn't "bashed" Miles? I guess you mean ever-persistent bashing. I've been hard on the guy for his short-comings and I'll stand on any criticisms I've posted though I've also posted positive things about him too. Not sure which camp I am percieved to be in, and not that it matters, but I do love to poke in the cages of the devout Miles followers- they're so fun. :lol:

Truth be told, IRL I defend him WAY more than not and I've found little success changing peoples' minds when they had it in their heads that he wasn't a good coach. It's like our fans are so polarized over this.

5. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

TigerCliff

6. hklsu777

hklsu777 Veteran Member

Agree. A couple of many good reasons I'm very glad Coach Miles is staying in Baton Rouge. He has a chance to put RP behind him, he runs a clean program, he is a great recruiter and a man of his word. He is 64-17 or some gaudy stat like that in the SEC West. What more could you want.

Geaux Tigers.

:milesmic:

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

That makes you tied with all the 'experts' on the subject.

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Between you and the guy that lives "in the confines of his own screwed up little mind" there's not much left to say - I agree with both of you.

So 'Dumb Ole Lucky Les' took the opportunity of Rich Rod's failure at Michigan to stabilize his position at LSU. And he forced the administration and the nega-fans to acknowledge what they really believe rather than their rants.

Now you can think Les got lucky again because Rich Rod only lasted three years; or mayb you can understand a little better how Saban felt as the reverse unfolded.

1 person likes this.