What phone do you have

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, Jun 20, 2017.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

How long have you had it and do you like it. I've had a note edge for 3 years and it's about at the end of its run. I'll probably spend about 300 for a good one and am debating on a couple.

No iOS.

2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I have an iPhone 7 plus. I wish I had gone with android. So many better options.

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Samsung S7. Been very pleased. I used HTC's for 5 years before that. They were good, the Samsung is better. The Samsung's buttons are placed better, making it easier to use. Additionally, my HTC One M8 had an issue with the charging port. Smoke actually started coming out of it and it wouldn't charge anymore. After I bought the S7 last August, I was able to get the HTC fixed for $20. My sister had the M9 and had the same issue. That repair was $50. My guy who did both repairs says this is an issue with HTC phones.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I have an iPhone 6 I've had for 2 years. It's never failed me.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I've had a Samsung Galaxy Amp 2 since February. I don't really need a high end expensive phone to talk, text, check scores and of course post on this forum. Two problems though.

1. It has 8 gigs of storage and I don't have all that many aps but the storage is so full that I can't even update the aps I do have, much less download any new ones. I have uninstalled all the aps except for the ones I really need, Except for the stupid bloatware that can't be remove. I was going to buy a memory card until they told me that apps won't go on the card, just stuff like music, pictures and videos. I don't need storage for those because I keep it all on Google Drive and use it from there. I have gone through the whole file directory and deleted all non essential files that build up but that doesn't help.

2. When I got the phone I downloaded one song to use as a ringtone. When I got tired of it I downloaded a couple more but the new songs don't download to the rigntone directory and are unusable for that purpose.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Just switched to Iphone 7+ last week. Had been android user forever, Galaxy 6 was last one. So far IPHONE OK, I like extremely much that i can take calls on my IPAD. Did not know that was a feature. Also the Apple text is good since the rest of my family is on Iphone, as well.

7. tirk

Looking at this one bc it's like an HTC but better. 2 front facing speakers. 7.1android 64gb memory bigger battery. And I can get it for 300.

Has a very fast fingerprint scanner which I like.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

The HTC 8 did have great sound, but didn't get as loud as an iPhone. I always use mine on bluetooth though, so it didn't really matter. I see plenty of S7's, 32G for $300-$350 on ebay new.

I put a 64gig card into it and that has been all I have needed thus far.

eta: Funny how 50% of your responses talk about their iPhones when you specifically said no ios.

9. tirk

Yeah I can upgrade to 256sd if needed. I already have a 64 sd micro which is plenty at the moment

10. tirk

Yeah not going back. I still have an iPad however.