What really burns

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ChuckE, Sep 20, 2003.

1. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

me is ESPN when showing highlights of upcoming coverage, they show Carey's run, but then when they are doing the review, they start with that Georgia long run. That is BS. They never once showed Carey's 21 yard run. If I hear anymore comments about that damn CC of tn leading that half a$$ band I'll puke. I guess LSU has only one choice to gain respect. WinThe Whole Damn Thing.

2. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

The damn gameday crew just stated that the better team lost. I can't believe this chit. Again it's all about UT.

3. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

This year I have recently stopped watching ESPN. Too over-rated for me

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I can't figure out why Corso said that about the "better team lost". He predicted we'd win...he should be pounding his chest about being right.

The better team won. If you win, you're the better team that day. Who cares about stats or "potential talent" if the scoreboard disagrees.

Michigan, Kansas State & Alabama will all agree that their stats and talent aren't making them feel better tonight.

5. llahsram

llahsram Founding Member

As Courso would say: "forget about it". I'm glad we don't get all the respect we deserve. It makes it much easier for us to take the fall. I'd rather work our way up, than to start at the top and have everyone trying to knock us down. We're gonna be just fine. Screw the freakin gameday crew.

6. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

LSU took a severe step up in class today. Clemson, MTSU, and So. Carolina were all quality opponents that people were trashing all week. Clemson crushed Ga Tech in ATL, USC bounced back big against UAB, and MTSU lost by 1 point in OT at Mizzou. LSU played 3 weak sisters. So, most of the first half for LSU was spent adjusting to the talent facing them. I know UGA was missing Gibson and their starting TE, but it does not scare me to play them again. We will be so battle tested by December that all facets of the team will be hitting on all cylinders.

We figured out in the last 35 minutes of the game today that we can run and throw on a great defense when we do not make mistakes. We made mistakes, learned from them, and still beat a top 10 team. Not a bad day at the office. These Tigers now know they can win every game on the schedule.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Enjoy that now Buddy. Next year we will start near the top.

8. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I heard that as well on the Gameday Final and it was a terrible thing to say. Both teams played well, but LSU's D really stepped up in the first half. To act like Georgia lost the game, instead of us winning . . . is cheap. Of course, they would never do that with Ohio St, the luckiest team in the nation (every time they win, they are the better team), and Michigan losing was seen as Oregon moving up. What the hell happened last night with gamday crew.

I don't mind LSU having to earn respect from the national media, but they could have played up the victory a little bit more.

Something to keep in mind though, early last season Ohio St was not a favorite to win the title. And didn't get respect until the end of the season. They could stop the Texas talk, sure Texas whipped Rice, but other than Ark they haven't played anyone . . . yet ESPN acts like Texas is still in the title hunt this year.

All in all, I don't care what they say or print about us . . . but I expected better after that win yesterday. It wasn't a fluke, and Georgia didn't beat themselves. The #10 team in the nation beat the #7 team in the nation . . . seems to me #10 is a little better than #7. I expected better from the Gameday guys after the game, according to them GA is the better team no matter what happens on the field (And that is the current, modern, problem with rankings).

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

It's obviousl why he didn't pound his chest--he made his prediction and picked us just to play with the fans based on what happened the LAST time he was here....

He didn't think we'd win.

10. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I was honestly quite shocked by what both Herb and Corso said after the game.