What really burns

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ChuckE, Sep 20, 2003.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Making a statement of "the better team didn't win" when referring to a game like Northern Illinois over Maryland at the beginning of the year is one thing, but when you're referring to a game in which the #10 team just defeated the #7 in a close game, doesn't warrant a "the better team didn't win" crap-comment.

The way I look at it, any time you have two top 10 teams, you obviously have two solid, ledgit programs--both of which are good teams (otherwise, they wouldn't be ranked in the top 10). So, how is it that you can have an upset? The rankings dictate that these are schools that could both win.

2. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

I agree...

The game matched up two very good teams and the outcome was not decided until the end of the fourth quarter.

To say that LSU is less of a team than Georgia is pure BS.

3. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

ESPN caters to the Big 10, Big 12, Big East, and Pac 10.

I didn't get back from the game until 11:00 p.m. I started watching ESPN for Highlights of the game and didn't see the first highlight until 12:15 in the morning. All the highlights involved the games that are covered by ESPN and ABC. ESPN is affliated with ABC so that is who they are catering to. Even Kirk picked Tenn. as his #5 team in the nation. I hope we meet Tenn. again in the SECCG so we can kick their butts again. LSU can win the NC but the better team didn't win the game. Georgia was on our side of the field the whole first half and we were still beating them. Everthing looks good on paper but it is what you do on the field that counts. Scoreboard and Geaux Tigers!!!!!!

4. DawgieStyle

DawgieStyle Freshman

No doubt....

That TD run was as beautifully blocked a play as you could stage, the replay very well done by CBS. Sealing the MLB provided the open lane for Carey and he took it to the house.

There were over 20 of us in Paltalk during the game including 3 Tiger fans and we had a blast talking about it as it unfolded. Not as good as being there, but being able to critique things as they happen is a lot of fun. It was especially so during the UT-UF game, what a boring first half punctuated by that improbable Hail Mary which turned the game in UT's favor.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The blocking on that 93 yard screen pass wasn't too shabby either.