What Ridley had to say ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by onceanlsufan, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Jackson

Jackson Tiger in NC

Wholehearted agreement, Jarrett actually seemed to thrive on being in the game with everything on the line. Did you see the smile on that kid's face when TT made the catch? What a great feeling for him after all he went thru a couple of seasons ago. Not that he won't make another mistake, he could, but like some others have stated and something I noticed in the UT game, JL just seems confident in what he is doing, as opposed to JJ, and the team seems to respond to his energy. I hope we see more of him in upcoming games. I do think JJ can still play a role, but I honestly believe it is Jarrett Lee's time.

1 person likes this.
  2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I agree with Ridley!

regardless who gets the start, the biggest thing this team took up saturday, bigger than the W (Well maybe not but just as big)

WAS CONFIDENCE

MORE IMPORTANTLY - CONFIDENCE IN OUR OFFENSE

EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY - CONFIDENCE IN OUR QB SITUATION & J-LEE!!!!

He needed to hear that from Stevan

We ALL said all year, and WE ARE ALL GUILTY AND SHOULD BE, but we all said if we ever had to leave it up to this offense in a 2 minute drill situation especially against UF, Bama, etc. that we were screwed.

2 weeks in a row J-Lee came thru in 2 minute game winning drives - he was slowed down by the coaching staff twice in both games, we all know how in the Tenn game but a run call on 3rd & 4 when J-Lee was on fire????? Stupid play call, lets just hope GC & CLM learned from this and put the ball back in this kids hands.

Man Enough, I'll take my crow deep friedd with some texas petes hot sauce

3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I havent felt that way since 2007 - God it was a great feeling, great night and i was SOOOOOO damn happy for that Kid!!

My wife cried she was so happy for him - no bull****!

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

What's been baffling to me is that Miles has always said that "the best player will play...". Well, why does that seem to exclude the QB position?

Miles also quoted (sorry, I don't have the article to prove it, but someone else may have seen it to clarify) as saying that the, "WR's seem to enjoy catching Lee's passes"....

Well, if you admit that your OWN WR's enjoy one QB over the other, then WHY are you intentionally "starting" the other guy???

5. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I understand your sentiment ... but not all of us said that.

I've been an ardent Lee fan since 2007 [pic 6s and all]. I though JJ did pathetic last year, leading the offense to score less points than Lee did the year before. When they started JJ this year, I had that feeling in the pit of the stomach ... of "oh god ... not again".

I'll admit my bias, I don't favor running QBs. I like a great leader and passing QB, who can scramble when he needs to .. .combined with a couple of great RBs to do the running and great WRs to do the catching.

I believe, and the stats support it ... a good passing QB plus good RBs = more yards, both passing and running. As I noted ealier on the total running yards ...

Jefferson in - 28 carries, 83 yrds, 2.96/carry
    Lee in - 19 carries, 81 yards, 4.26/carry.

The RBs didn't see as many touches, but they did better when they got the call.

:geaux:

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The team appears to be more energized, more eager and more confident with Lee in the game. I do not know how they feel, but it sure looks that way. I know I feel better.

The only thing that troubles me with this "platooning" is that Lee may force one to make something happen to retain the right to stay on the filed. Jefferson might force one, too. We DO NOT NEED THAT!!!

Geaux Tigers

7. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Miles also said "Jarrett Lee's got the making of something special". Sounds like he should be the primary quarterback.

8. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

I like the fact that Lee is not AFRAID to throw the ball. It's like he is thinking, "Hey, what's the worst that can happen?" LOL, he KNOWS what can happen. He made it through his freshman year, nothing scares him about this one. Good for Ridley.

9. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Very good point.

Tonight on the WAFB news, based on interviews and comments from players like Kelvin Sheppard, Russell Sheppard, TT, Barksdale, etc: :Lee is now called the "comeback kid". They are understood and appreciate the fact that Lee stayed firm despite being subjected to the adversities, and being able to come back from the rock bottom situation in 2008 all the way back this year to lead the team to the wins. Even Russell Sheppard mentioned that his past experience took quite a tow on his family:eek:. TT had made the analogy with Matt Flynn. It seems like Lee may be the catalyst in gelling together the team, or the offense.

Hope he continues to grow and improve:thumb:

10. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

For sure, there's probably nothing better for a QB's confidence than leading the kind of drive Lee did, down the stretch at Florida. That kind of thing can get a real career started.