What Ridley had to say ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by onceanlsufan, Oct 11, 2010.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Ya know ... I noticed that too!

2. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I agree Red, I wouldn't want a move now. I just wonder if there is a close door agreement that GC is out after the season or if Les is going to fight to keep him here. I think he has done a great job in finding replacements and I would like to see a new OC for next year.

3. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

He planted off one foot to break open on that run, and against Florida he had a great cut off one foot (in other words, a sharp turn) on the broken play which ended up being a naked boot.

JJ is not a traditional veer option QB, but I think his ability to make sharp turns is more than adequate.

I had a QB coach tell me once that running the option is like a dance. Some dance better than others. I sucked at it, JJ likely does too. But he's very good at running inside traps, QB draws and powers.

On read options, he's golden, just don't ask him to pitch it.

If we must run more pitch option, I'd prefer we stick Shepard in there at QB. I guess this is a matter better left for another thread, but his touches have decreased every week since the great start. We need to shoehorn him in the offense one way or another. Direct snaps are a great start.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

wasnt slight. he had a serious hitch in his giddy-up. though it didnt really look like favoring an injury as much as it was some weird way of running.

still not sure what it was. he looked fine running all other times so i think its just like his grandpa george jeffersons style.