What should be the fate..

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 21, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

of the Boston Bomber dude. Personally I think they should keep him alive until they find an ISIS base. Then strap his ass to a bomb and bomb the place. Tell him first, and film it.

Should he receive the death penalty? Isn't that what he wants?

gyver likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Throw him to a pack of hungry wolves. Or the old Indian torture: pour honey on him and bury him up to his neck in an anthill.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Death. Where's the poll?

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I would be okay with the death penalty however, some of the survivors and family members of those killed have been on the news saying they don't want the death penalty. They say that all the appeals that will be filed will make them continue to re-live the events. They would prefer he just go away and rot in jail. I have to think that appeals will occur regardless of the punishment but their opinions should have some sway.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I never thought that the victims should have any say whatsoever in sentencing. They should give their evidence in the trial. Their emotion, their grief, their vengeance, or their forgiveness are all about retribution, not justice. Justice should be blind on sentencing.

I can go along with life without parole for murders of passion or murder convictions based on circumstantial evidence. But I think the death penalty is justified for any premeditated murder where the evidence is undeniable. And I think it should be imposed without question and with fast-tracking of all appeals for premeditated murder and crippling of multiple innocent people in an act of political/religious terror.

This asshole wants to live or he would have plead guilty, waived appeals, and asked for a quick execution like McVeigh did. They would have done a suicide bombing if they wanted to be some kind of hell-bound "martyr". He forfeited his life when he set off the bomb.

I think he should suffer death by bleeding out after his legs have been blown off with a pressure-cooker bomb filled with ball bearings. If he survives, sentence him to life without parole and without legs and genitalia and hopefully with a colostomy bag.

But I'll settle for a quick needle and the long adios as long as it doesn't take 30 years to play out his appeals. All that does is make lawyers rich on taxpayer money.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    gyver likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Good points. You're onto something about the suicide bombing, I guess if he wanted to die he could have blown himself up, maybe that's what they should do to him. Strap a bomb on him and detonate it out in New Mexico somewhere.

7. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Death penalty. With the level of premeditation in this case there is no other penalty befitting of the crime.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Life in prison. There would be no hell worse than that. Why give him an easy way out?

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It costs a lot of money to keep somebody in prison for years.

HalloweenRun and TwistedTiger like this.
  10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Plus with the country going so bleeding heart liberal it wouldn't surprise me if he got paroled or a presidential pardon and the Congressional medal of honor. Would a Nobel Peace prize be far behind? He's guilty, give him what he deserves and get it over with.