What should we do about Fallujah and Najaf?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Jetstorm, Apr 27, 2004.

?

What action should be taken in Fallujah and Najaf?

1. Continue current course of action; while not pretty and not quick, it will win out for us in the end

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Completely withdraw from the cities and seal them off with a seige, starving the thugs out

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Take them both with a direct frontal assault, fighting block to block, house to house if necessary.

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Give all civilians 48 hours to evacuate, disarm them as they cross the perimeter, then call in the B

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. No evacuation, call in tactical nukes, let Fallujah and Najaf serve as an example of what happens to

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  6. Abandon the cities, as a prelude to our complete retreat from Iraq

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. Other (please specify

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Some people think we are not doing all we can to quickly quell the ongoing disturbances in these two Iraqi cities. Now, I am confident that our military commanders know how to do their jobs. But I am concerned that political considerations are starting to intrude on militart necessity here. Just for fun, let's poll the armchair warriors here on FSA and see what we would do.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I agree with you, we should've taken action sooner but I would say that the war last year shouldn't have stopped until all these pockets were taken care of.

I do like the idea of terrorists gathering in Iraq and then killing them in massive amounts of bombs.

I would bomb the hell out of these masques and other places that they are attacking
    us from.

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

give them 48 hours to come to their senses, then light the place up like Vegas.

No remorse, No regret

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I voted for option #5, but instead of tactical nukes, I would use MOAB and/or
    Daisy Cutters. No radioactive fallout that way.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

End it quickly with #3 (assault) or end it cheaply with #2 (siege). Anything but #1 (more patrols, more casualties that do not accompish anything).

Numbers 4 (carpet bombing) and 5 (nuclear weapons) are fantasy solutions. Most of these people are civilians just trying to get by. The enemy is the insurgent militias, not the city.

Number 6 (pullout) can't happen until the Iraqi army and police can handle the job. That will take WAY too long to be any use.

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

You sound just like the politicians in 1968, Red...forcing the military to fight
    with one hand tied behind it's back and expecting results...then bitching when they're not the results you expected.

I saw images of a 10-year old boy in Fallujah desecrating a corpse that had been dead for less than an hour. He STOMPED HIS LITTLE FOOT AND CRUSHED IT'S SKULL. Can you imagine how the family of that man must have felt when they found out it was him? That image alone was enough to convince me that there are no innocent people in Fallujah...only terrorists and those who support terrorism.

Drop a MOAB on this town, save American lives in the process and
    set an example to those who want to phuc with us. They think they know what terror is? Show them terror. Better 100 of THEM bite the dust than one more American soldier or Marine. And I'm speaking
    as someone who served with some of these guys, Red. I can guarantee you
    that THEY wouldn't object to this solution.

7. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/118/world/U_S_aircraft_hammers_Fallujah_:.shtml

"FALLUJAH, Iraq (AP) Multiple explosions shook Fallujah after dark Tuesday, and large plumes of smoke billowed into the sky as fighting erupted for the second straight night. An American AC-130 gunship hammered targets in the city.

Blasts and gunfire went on steadily for more than half an hour in sustained fighting, apparently in the northern Jolan district, a poor neighborhood where Sunni insurgents are concentrated.

Flames could be seen rising from building, and mosque loudspeakers in other parts of the city called for firefighters to mobilize.

The fighting erupted as a two-day extension to a cease-fire ended. Earlier in the day, U.S. aircraft dropped leaflets in the city of 200,000 people, calling on insurgents to surrender.

''Surrender, you are surrounded,'' the leaflets said. ''If you are a terrorist, beware, because your last day was yesterday. In order to spare your life end your actions and surrender to coalition forces now. We are coming to arrest you.'' "

8. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

I agree I'm tired of hearing about our men and women comming home in boxes. It's time to locate and exterminate with extreme prejudice.

9. ledfoot

ledfoot Founding Member

I voted for other means. Have the CIA arrange for anti american rallies, then when they're all together drop napalm on the bastards.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I just changed my vote. Can we get the napalm dropping televised? Preferably with audio.