What "Sweets" did you have today?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUTiga, Oct 15, 2007.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

A cookie and a Snicker's Ice Cream mini

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i made ice cream this evening. actually, i made the base of it last night then churned it tonight.

it was a good cooked vanilla custard style. nothing in it but egg yolks, cream, half and half, sugar (i used vanilla sugar), and vanilla. it was delish!

i havent made ice cream in a long time and this definitely was a good recipe and worth the time and effort

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Chocolate covered almonds at the movie last night. ("The Last Airbender" - son's request. Pretty entertaining, and Seychelle Gabriel is a doll)

4. OkieTigerTK

i am craving blackberry cobbler. that will likely be made in the next few days.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Been waiting to go to New Orleans next weekend to get some Blueberry Mojito Ice Cream from the Creole Creamery. Usually only have it during the summer.

Check out these flavors if you want your mouth to water.

Flavors

6. OkieTigerTK

the green one and i were out running some errands together and stopped at a bakery that specializes in kolaches. delish! so delish, i got a couple of dozen to bring home. kolaches for breakfast and snacks for a few days!

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Okie what is that? Have never seen that term.

Nice of greenie to take his lady out for a treat.

8. OkieTigerTK

kolaches are a yeast based bread type pastry (somewhat sweet bread, but not overly sweet) that have an indentation in the middle that has a fruit filling in it. they are typically around 3" square or across, and an inch high. they are a czech specialty. i grew up eating them all the time, but havent had any in a few years.

the pic looks almost exactly like what i have sitting in my kitchen.

pretty obvious that my sweets cravings center around baked goods!

greenie only likes the cherry variety, but they were out. so i got a lot of the other varieties for me, and he got brownies. we were both happy. :D

[​IMG]

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Makes me want one with a glass of milk. About to cook T bones. I was telling my wife about your trampoline thingy to tell when they were done. I was actually telling her I forgot exactly. lil help? It's the "Sweet" thread, be sweet. :grin:

10. OkieTigerTK

just poke the steaks with your finger and when they have the give of about the same tension as a trampoline, they are perfect medium. that was probably the best single piece of advice i was ever given about grilling. i cant judge by time to save my life.

that reminds me. i need to to change the propane tank on my grill before i can make dinner. have a couple of fillets and some ears of corn to throw on tonight. maybe a caesar salad on the side and i'm hungry thinking about it.

if you ever find a good czech bakery, you gotta try kolaches. yum!