What "Sweets" did you have today?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUTiga, Oct 15, 2007.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

OH THAT'S THE ONE!!!!!

I had a bad experience with that...I must have blocked it from my memory. A few years ago, working in downtown Houston, I had an unfortunate episode. I took a coffee break in the morning and had one. Then I had another at lunch. Then a buddy of mine (who turned me onto them in the first place) want to meet to talk business at a nearby Starbucks. I had another large one. I went back to work and within 10 minutes was in a near sugar/caffeine coma. It was actually scary. My boss suggested that I go home, as I was kinda paralyzed in my cube. Granted, I got off work a few hours early, but it took about 5 bourbon/diet cokes for me to get back to normal that evening! :eek:

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

then make it decaff too.:grin:

now i cant stop thinking about the blasted pumpkin spice lattes. i am gonna have to leave early for pt so i can get one on the way.

not gonna help my diet either, having one every day!

3. OkieTigerTK

for the pumpkin spice latte junkies, nlmd, tex, vball....

i could not get those things off my mind so i left eary for pt early morning so i could run by starbucks and get one. (i also was very bad and got an apple fritter so i have now had my calorie allotment for the day!) i was at the window waiting and the girl brought a grande one to the window and i was just about to say something because i ordered a venti when she said "we accidentally made an extra grande pumpkin spice latte, would you like to have it for free along with the one you ordered?" i refrained from saying "duh!". of course i want it! turn down a free ps latte? do i look crazy?

so, i have now had two pumpkin spice latte's and an apple fritter. i am going to be going into one of caffiene and sugar comas nlmd mentioned. cause i am now on my cherry diet coke from sonic.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

:eek: Venti AND grande? AND a fritter? AND a diet coke? Ahhh, it'll bring you back to those days after you pulled an all nighter. Got the paper turned in, went to classes, but then got back to the apartment and just CRASHED. Who says you can't relive those days? :hihi:

1 person likes this.
  5. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

I noticed they had apple fritters now. Havent tried them- I try to avoid all baked goods at Starbucks. I'll order something only if I forgot to eat a breakfast, or if I'm dying hungry-then I'll get a 900 kcal muffin. :nope:

It was so hot this morning, so I couldnt bring myself to get a pumpkin spice. Plus, they dont have any Starbucks by my work (they dont have much of anything in the feef wode).

Cant wait for cooler weather AND the return of the Moca Peppermint Latte.

NLMD- all of LSUgirlinTx Starbuck orders are placed with keeping it low calorie. LSUgirlinTx orders a Tall Skinny Moca Peppermint Latte, no whip- easy on the Moca and Peppermint. LSUgirlinTx tries very hard not to get the whole enchilada when ordering tasty Starbuck seasonal coffee's. It is very hard for LSUgirlinTx not to say eff it and get whatever as LSUgirlinTx is a sweets junkie.

2 people like this.
  6. OkieTigerTK

lsugirlintex is a wise woman. okietiger went off the deep end this morning starting with the apple fritter. but at least okie gave a half hearted attempt at being good by leaving off the whipped cream and getting non-fat milk in the latte ordered. the free latte was a different story and about 12,000 calories to go with the 15,000 calorie donut.

1 person likes this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I used to love apple fritters. Then when I was on a trip to Pensacola I discovered Krispy Kremes. Bad, bad thing. Thank GOD the closest store is sort of far away......sort of........not too bad..........without traffic and all......I can get there in about...........20 minutes?

1 person likes this.
  8. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Today I had some banana nut bread and community coffee, much better than starbucks. vball should make it to an LSU game so she can have real food.

9. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

:thumb:
    My friend is a high up type at CC's (now to be called Community Coffe House, as I understand) I've begged her to recommend opening up a CC's in Houston. I'd go out of my way to get some!

10. OkieTigerTK

throw oklahoma city on that list when you beg. :grin: i still have to import it. that is one of the items that stays on my grocery list for when i go shopping for stuff to bring back here every time i go to br or nola.

btw, that caffiene and sugar buzz yesterday helped me get a lot accomplished. besides paperwork, i got my closet cleaned out and my winter clothes rotated to the front. i also got my cookware drawers cleaned out and organized. i had gotten a new set of stainless cookware and had to sort out what new and old i want to keep here and what new and old i then packed up to take to the nola house as soon as it is restored. and then was doing paperwork again till midnight.

but i paid for it. my wrist was so sore i had to ice down and it is killing me today. oh well, that's what drugs are for. :hihi: