What the @%$#? Beano gives the Tigers some love!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by burlesontiger, Sep 24, 2003.

1. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Trammell (Atlanta): Mr. Cook my dawgs lost a heartbreaker to a very good LSU team. I hope this is the match up in the SEC Title game. I think the SEC East basicly comes down to UT vs. UGA in knoxville. Barring injuries, I don't think LSU loses another game this year. Do you agree?

Beano Cook: Yes. I think LSU is a darkhorse to play for the national title. Georgia-Tennessee looks like SEC East game to watch.

People, the earth HAS stood still.http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=4040

2. Tigerdog007

Tigerdog007 Founding Member

THAT MUST BE A MISPRINT....NOBODY LIKES LSU........do they?

3. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Big 10 Beano giving the Tigers some credit???? What has the world come to?

4. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

Beano has 4 more chins since that pic was taken. Seriously, you don't want him picking you to do anything, he is the kiss of death with his predictions. Dammit, and I seriously thought ya'll were going to go all the way.

Beano just jinxed you. :cuss:

5. SEN

SEN Founding Member

While I was bartending at the fairmont a few years ago a guy from Pittsburgh struck up a conversation on a particularly slow night.

We got to talking and eventually the conversation turned to Beano Cook. He told me that he knew, from very strong sources, that Beano Cook live(s/ed/?) in the Pittsburgh Sheraton in one of the cheapest rooms they have available. He only lets maids in once a week and orders in all his meals.

just a strange bit of 'trivia' - right or wrong....

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Speaking of vampires, Beano did once say, "Tiger Stadium and Dracula are only their best at night." Looks like he's changed his mind.

Beano has always had good things to say about the SEC, despite the fact that he is the absolute worst Penn State homer ("Penn State's #1! Paterno is GOD!" All HAIL Penn State!") BLECH!

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Beano said in 2001 before the Sugar Bowl in a chat that, "Sugar Bowl officials are disappointed that LSU fans are the ones they'll entertain. LSU fans bring one 20 dollar bill and one clean shirt, and they don't change either while they're there."

I went OFF on him in the chat, and bombarded the chat administrator with a diatribe until they posted it about him have no room to make classless statements like that until he came "clean" himself and admitted that the thought that Ron Pawlus would lead Notre Dame to two national titles and win two Heisman trophies was quite possibly the biggest brain fart since the Japanese Emperor ignored the Western Union DC sent him back in '44...

LSU fans piled on after that, and we basically had him end the chat early because we jumped his @ss...

Classic...

8. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

The story about him living in the Sheraton is quite true. He is also a HUGE Notre Dame fan.

9. rania

rania Founding Member

About the Sugar Bowl people, I hate to say it but it is true.
    I know a guy who runs a t-shirt/hat store in the French Quarter, he is an LSU fan, but he nevertheless would have wanted anyone except the Tigers to make it to the Sugar Bowl.

10. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

We've had the Corso jinx, the Beno jinx, and every other jinx. We will live through it.