What the hell??? Alabama has 30! commitments.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by loco4lsu, Jan 22, 2005.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Anybody remember Cecil Collins? :dis:

2. john randolph

john randolph Founding Member

Keys was caught/busted for selling pot at school. He is a thug. I am from his area and have talked to people that know him and that is the info that I got. His arrest made the papers.

3. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

I was trying to not name any names, but since you did......:D

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Bama has the lure of "Early and Often" playing time for recruits. That being said, look at Shular-Bahr's track record of recruiting non-qualifiers and you will notice a stark difference relative to that of the top-tier programs in the SEC.
    Not to worry, some of these commits will never see a down at the D-1 level.

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Well, scholarship limits are scholarship limits... Now, you can sign as many players as you like, but you don't have an infinate amount of scholly's to toss around.

I can't imagine all of those players actually staying at 'Bama for 4-5 years. I'm sure they're going to lose a big chunk of that via transfers, etc.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Bama took way more LOI's last year than they could and placed several guys in Joco or grayshirted them and are doing the same this year evidentally. Sooner or later they won't be able to accept all the ones they received letters from when they are eligible. I believe they are taking a lot of players that other schools do not want for one reason or another and all of this may come back to haunt them. It appears they are going to end up with Keyes now, who evidentally has turned off Miles and have already accepted a commit from Ward, who LSU told to go elsewhere after commiting to us. Have to wonder how many others Shula is taking like this.

The Oakland Raiders of college football??????

7. luvmesumlsu

luvmesumlsu Founding Member

There's really no need to pass judgement or make a comparison to Cecil Collins. He made a mistake!!!! We all have!!! Funny how everyone just loved him last week--- now let's just abandon ship cause someone investigates one side but not both sides of the story!!!!!!!

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Reading the other posts in this thread, it doesn't appear that only one side was investigated. It's not exactly the end of the world if the coach decides the kid isn't right for his program. I'd much rather the coach be more selective than less, since we don't need to take short cuts to maintain talent.

9. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Alabama needs a QB.....I thought Barnes looked horrible in the AA game....stats werent that bad but his performance was a joke, IMO.

10. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Nobody is passing judgement. I'm looking at the facts as they stand. Coach Saban sees something in the kid, rightly so, and offers him a scholarship. Afterward, the kid shows a lack of judgement and poor character and gets kicked out of school. I'm here to tell you from someone who pretty much stayed in trouble, you don't get expelled for just a simple screw up. I would wager that this is a trend with him. Do you really believe that Coach Saban would have gone after this kid after the way things went down. I, for one, don't think so. Not his style. Now if this kid wants to come to LSU, keep his nose clean, bust his rear on the field and in the classroom, then by all means I hope he comes. And by the way I have known about this for quite some time and have never sang his praises.