what the SC fans are saying on their message board

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JonTheTigerFan, Oct 20, 2002.

1. JonTheTigerFan

JonTheTigerFan Founding Member

I have been looking on the gamecock central board all day, and they have a lot to say about their experience yesterday. There are 2 totally different stories from gamecock fans: 1) They have never been treated so well at an opposing stadium and cant wait to come back one day and 2) LSU fans are the scum of the earth and they will never come back because they were afraid for their lives. This group says that they had stuff thrown at them, they were cursed, had food thrown at their cars, and that they had to leave with 5 minutes left in the game because they were afraid for their lives.

I know it depends on the section you are sitting in, and which group of people you happen to be around, but I have never actually witnessed a situation at Tiger Stadium where the opposing fans had to be afraid of bodily harm. There is always some smack talking, but I have never seen it get out of hand. I think we are getting a bad rap as being violent people just because a few of the bad seeds are belligerent and hostile.

1 person likes this.
  2. msully

msully Founding Member

Bad rap maybe

But Tiger fans do get excited start speaking that french english together and some folks think it is cursing GEAUX TIGERS msully said that did you hear

3. SleepyGuy

SleepyGuy Freshman

heh, I didnt think they got treated too bad. If they thought we treated them bad. I wonder what they would think about how we treat auburn :D

4. JonTheTigerFan

JonTheTigerFan Founding Member

I was thinking the same thing....

They would never want to be a part of our rivalry with Auburn or Ole Miss because that is when our fans most rowdy and bitter. I just think they are more conservative in South Carolina.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

To be honest I had to tell a few LSU fans to shut up and I am an LSU fan. WE have a few bad apples that look at LSU games as a time to get drunk.

The thing is, people get offended when some yells tiger bait to them...

Some people need to realize that is what home field is. Sure they smile when they said it, but if someone says tiger bait. They should not get upset about that.
    Foul language, etc etc No excuse. But I read people were getting upset because they had tiger bait yelled at them once.

None the less we have some bad fans. No more or no less then any other team. We have a reputation. People clam on to that when they got throttled by us. Happens all the time.

Truth is, almost every USC fan I saw was having a great time. I am sure we had some jerks, but who does'nt. Look at Auburn fans they have cornered the market....

90000 of us are great people. Lets work to clean up the few bad ones. But the LSU fans are horrible I hate LSU these days seem to be more sour grapes then anything more to me.

Geaux Tigers

6. OregonGamecock

OregonGamecock Freshman

Don't worry about what some are saying. Just like Texastigers stated, every team has some truly butthead fans (including the Gamecocks because I have told a few to sit down and shut up) and there isn't jack you can do about them. They will eventually grow up and realize what total idiots they were and change. I for one have been impressed with ya'll and wish you the best of luck the rest of the season. Take it to Atlanta and bury the Dawgs for us!!!!!!!!!!

Goodbye until baseball season.:cool:

1 person likes this.
  7. la tigra

la tigra Freshman

Kind of long.....

I too was reading the USC boards and finding that more people were 'afraid for thier lives'.....come one really.....
    I have been to away games (all of them we lost) and have never been afraid for my life.....I think that is a little 'drama queen' coming out...
    Not saying that LSU doesn't have bad and totally obnoxious fans....I have been with some of them....but I don't know any of them who did more than yell.....
    Speaking of this, has anyone ever SEEN a fight b/n an LSU fan and a fan from another school at LSU??
    Has anything ever been reported?
    I have been going to games for over 20 years (granted I started going when I was about 3), but I have never seen a true fight. I did have a friend who got into it with a GA (I think) fan a few years back, but all the other people with us pulled him away and made him stop.....I don't remember who started it but that doesn't matter anyway.....

8. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I agree with la tigra. Judging by our opponents' websites, there must be brawls breaking out all over. So odds are that I would have witnessed at least one fight, harassment, object thrown, car vandalized, or something. But for all of my years attending games, I have yet to witness any of this.

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

That is my argument. All these people talk about their wives and children being attacked. I am all over campus on gameday. Sure I hear Tiger Bait and see a few idiots, but I have never seen anything thrown. I sit in section 5 next to the opposing teams fans. I have never seen anything rain down. Or as an Auburn fan once said (I am not making this up)

"We had urine thrown on us from the upper decks"

Not saying we have 100 percent great fans. But I am starting to get tired of all these stories. I have never seen any of this and if I did I would be the first to say something. I have heard bad language but never seen ANYONE in danger.

Geaux Tigahs

10. ronbono

ronbono Founding Member

Cocks opinions of LSU fans.

Yesterday afternoon on the Cock Forum it was about 50/50 good vs bad on their treatment by LSU fans. Today it's more like 90 bad vs 10 good. Plus they are reporting that all the other SEC schools think we are the scum of the SEC. True false who knows. What I do know is many of these Cock fans sound like a bunch of candy asses that can't handle SEC road games to places like the Swamp, UGA, LSU, BAMA, and aubbie. They should have joined CUSA. I've read at least a couple hundred posts on the Cock site and these people don't have the intense fire and passion for their team like we do and, UF, BAMA etc. Hey maybe they won't come a few years from now and Tiger Stadium will be 100% Tiger fans.

1 person likes this.